Road trip moto from south to North (july to august)

Hye alls,

I m searching for informations are advice for this trip ?
Is someaone have already did it ? Do you think the eather allow this trip during this season ?

If people want to join us...

The plan is from Ho chi minh, make a round to the delta Mekong, use the Ho Chi min Track unil Hoi An and after go to the north to visit Sapa and go back to Hanoi.

I m waiting for answers ! :)

See ya

I am already trying to put a trip like this together.

Can I join with you guys? :)

I will be going in Sept to Dec I may take 3 months

Hey,
Of course you can join us.
We start the trip in ho chi minh. We re gonna buy a motorbike there. I see you re from ho chi minh. Maybe you have some good plans for buying a motorbike.
If you want to come with us, we should talk about it deeply

I was going to do that trip during Tet, back in 2010.  The first day I drove 5 miles before deciding to head back home and take a nap.  Hopefully you guys can make it a bit further than I did.

Keep in mind the fact that if a truck injures you they may have to pay you more than if they killed you.  As inhumane and barbaric as it is,. there have been instances of truckers backing up and finishing the job.

Here's the Top Gear: Vietnam special, if you haven't seen it already:

Top Gear: Vietnam

Most people riding the length of Vietnam go from north to south durig the cool seasons, from October to February, as then you will have a tail wind and the cycling weather is at its best.
Read the many reports at crazyguyonabike.com

I am just locked in an apartment for 2 more months and don't want to pay for the road and the apartment. So I plan on going to Singapore a few days then getting another 3 month tourist visa then I can expend that out if I need too