TELEX procedure

I got my telex few weeks ago and it has been forwarded to Singapore. I had been busy traveling so its only next week that I find time to do the telex processing. Here are my questions:
1. Are there any more forms or requirements to be done prior to going to the Indonesian Embassy in SIN? (I have the telex copy and passport ID)
2. How much does it cost?
3. After getting the telex, are there things to be done?

I also wonder where the 1200 USD is being paid?

Thanks..
Ant

Telex is an old (and now obsolete) method of transmitting written words.
What does this Telex you mentioned say? What does it have to do with the Indonesian embassy?
And who asked you to pay USD1200? For what? For the Telex???

Sorry I port it on wrong country forum.. My apologies...

Im sorry. That was supposedly for the Indonesian Forum. I don't understand why it was posted here on the Singapore pages. To briefly answer your questions.. Telex is a document transmitted from the Immigration (ministry) of Indonesia to one of their embassies abroad (my case in Singapore). The document is only released upon approval of a long-stay or work visa. This document allows the embassy to put stamp on the passport of  the applicant...
I already got hold of an agent who explained the process.. so please disregard this post.
my apologies...

Are you trying to go and work in Singapore and is what you are trying to get is a "visa with reference" to allow you to enter Singapore?

No, Im not looking for a job in SIN nor going to work there. When i was applying for a visa in Indonesia, they asked me of where do I want my Passport stamped at, and Singapore is the closest to me.. Anyway as I said on previous post, I mistakenly posted this on the wrong country forum..

thread moved to the Indonesia forum ;)

Collect your telex visa and then get back to Indonesia. After you arrived your employer respectively his agent needs to submit your passport to the Immigration for further processing withing the next 7 days.....

The $1,200 should be paid by your employer.
That's the standard 'tax' for a work permit. All legal, no scam.

Hi,

DO anyone have idea about IMTA processing time or currently any delays in MOMT? I already got my Telex.

Thanks.

Now it's Ramadhan, don't expect any quick processing......

i did my kitas (spouse) around 3 months ago.
telex visa is valid 2 months from date of approval. so u have 2 months to go back sg.

at sg embassy, u need to fill up form, provide passport photo and pay additional fees (either 6 or 12 months) then get the label stuck on your passport. i paid around $100+ for 1 year visa i think. processing took around 3-4 working days only. I advise you to call the sg indo embassy to ask for exact requirements in case they change it.

within 7 days of arriving back into indonesia, u have to apply for your kitas. i went to the immigration to take photos and fingerprints. after a week or so, they released the visa which is only valid for a year.
every year i have to renew if i want to travel out of indonesia.

hope this helps!

@happyhour Seems you are right, every doc is delayed right now. Everyone take note of this!!

Did you get your KITAS already and the USD 1.200 DPKK is paid?

I got VITAS and Visa ...now waiting for IMTA so that can join my company in Indonesia...

Hi ,
I have been interviewed and selected by Oki pulp and paper mill in Indonesia. I have sent documents , medical certificates , photos , passport copy by DHL corrier. They have sent me Telex Visa after 3 months. company told me to contact any agent in Singapore for Telex visa processing and pay government free. we will reimburse all your Expenses after you report to Indonesia. company HR representative is keep in call some time.
my question is company should arrange all the formalities like work visa , Air ticket , medical exp , transportation and pay all expenses by own.
waiting for your reply.
please advice.

Shabbir Shaikh
xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

If they are going to pay everything back what is the concern? But have you asked them for a breakdown of the costs they will cover and to help you find an agent? Perhaps you should ask them to help you with that bit. The fact you have a Telex is the most important and happy news for you. The visa process takes a day in Singapore but again you should really discuss all this with your employer to be and have them explain it rather than us because they are the ones you need to build relations with.

Thanks for your guidance.

Hello.
I'm getting my TELEX visa tomorrow in the Indonesian Embassy in Singapore. Same day I'm entering Indonesia
Due to emergency situation, I will have to leave Indonesia withing a week after arrival.
I will not have time to submit my passport to the Immigration office to obtain KITAS.
My question is :
May I leave Indonesia having fresh TELEX visa only (no KITAS) without exit permit?
Thank you.

As far as I know the telex is valid for 2 months. It might be better to not pick it up from Singapore tomorrow but to pick it up later, within two months. Once you have picked up the visa in Singapore you should present it to Immigration in Indonesia within 7 days of collecting it from Singapore.

Thank you for your response.
Unfortunately, I have to go back to Indonesia after i collect the passport.
If I don't submit passport within 7 days, I   still have 2 months to leave the country without "exit permit"?

I do not know the answer to that. But there are 2 or 3 experts in this forum who should know all the information you are asking for. I am sure they will answer you informatively.

Hanson is right, if you collect your telex visa you then need to surrender your passport to Immigration for processing your KITAS within the next 7 days. If you don't and exit again before, then all is void and you need to apply for the KITAS all over again. Authorities may will question you why you are leaving again before finalizing your KITAS.

Hi,
how much Telex visa processing fees for Indonesian visa in Singapore ?

It's S$70.

Latest updates from my side:
I have got TELEX visa for six months.
I checked with the immigration officer at the airport and I was  told me that I can just leave Indonesia without any exit&re-entry permit. This is what I need.  I'm not going to submit my passport with visa to the immigration in Indonesia as I'm not going to work here.

I think you may understand something wrong.

A Telex Visa will be send to the Indonesian consulate overseas in order to obtain a Vitas (pre-approval for KITAS) or to get a single/multiple entry Business Visa issued.

There is no Telex Visa for 6 months.

Perhaps you got a single entry Business Visa which is valid 60 days and can be extended up to 180 days, that is without re-entry permit so you can leave again any time.

What number is stated on the Visa ?

I can only say what I see on  my visa:
* 312/ 6 months
* Date  of expiry: Feb, 9th 2016
* Name of my company

My visa is for 6 months because duration of the project I was supposed to work for  is only 6 months.
I also have copy of IMTA with my data on it.
So it's nothing else but TELEX

Thanks,

Yes Inna, that sounds about right. Normally companies ask for 12 months, but ultimately its immigration that decide. I have had 12, 11, 10 month visas. Never really knew why. Never wanted too!

312 visas (again I don't know what that means, buts its the one on my stamps) are the ones for a Kitas but I am sure someone will give a more precise answer.

So have you finished in Indonesia now?

:top:
Whatever it is. I'm happy I can leave without any kind of additional permits.

I'm still here, waiting for my bf to finish his project. After that we will leave Indonesia.
Once I'm out of Indonesia, I will write here if immigration dudes let me go just like this without KITAS and all those permits:)
Thank you everyone who replied and who helped me to understand all these peculiarities of telex visa process.

Inna U wrote:

I can only say what I see on  my visa:
* 312/ 6 months
* Date  of expiry: Feb, 9th 2016
* Name of my company

My visa is for 6 months because duration of the project I was supposed to work for  is only 6 months.
I also have copy of IMTA with my data on it.
So it's nothing else but TELEX

Still it is a Vitas not a Telex Visa and you are supposed to report to the Immigration after your return to Indonesia no matter how many months it is valid.

The KITAS will be issued according to the IMTA you obtained

Whatever visa it is. It's not important as  I'm not willing to take that job and deal with that company anymore.
My question was if I can leave this country without exit permit. And I've got the answer.

Inna U wrote:

:top:
Whatever it is. I'm happy I can leave without any kind of additional permits.

I'm still here, waiting for my bf to finish his project. After that we will leave Indonesia.
Once I'm out of Indonesia, I will write here if immigration dudes let me go just like this without KITAS and all those permits:)
Thank you everyone who replied and who helped me to understand all these peculiarities of telex visa process.

If you have the time then better go to the Immigration and check about it. Bring your passport show your Vitas stamp to do it the right way. In fact your company (or its agent) should know about the processing.

I went to singapore yesterday to get Vitas, reinterred Indonesia and I'm now back in Bali. My passport will Ben picked up to go to immigration again. My question now is: am I allowed to work already? Or do I need to wait for Immigration to give The green light?

Sabinabali wrote:

I went to singapore yesterday to get Vitas, reinterred Indonesia and I'm now back in Bali. My passport will Ben picked up to go to immigration again. My question now is: am I allowed to work already? Or do I need to wait for Immigration to give The green light?

The work permit should have been issued before you applied for the ITAS. If so, that should leave to legal to work at the address stated on the work permit (nowhere else) as soon as you have the KITAS in your hand but not before.
The process is pretty much automatic if you have a work permit but you should wait until immigration have issued the KITAS.

Thank you Fred for quick reply! Before I never worried to much but lately they are so on top of everything
It's crazy! I will wait for the Kitas to be in my hand!

Hi! Could you please explain to me how to get telex for KITAS? Where I can order it by myself? As I know in Jakarta..but how.  I want get the visa in Singapore. Thank you!