Release letter from sponsor

I was able to get here in Saudi Arabia from a family visa - dependent to my father since 2004. I worked in the company since May 2010 and transferred my sponsorship to them dated Nov. 2013. Now I got an offer from another company and they are willing to transfer my sponsorship with them as long as my current company provides a release letter for me. I submitted my resignation with a 1 month notice and my 1 month notice is finished sine June 7. However, when I asked for my release letter, my current sponsor is reluctant to give and I was told that he will give me a final exit.

My question is, do I have the rights to insist the release letter because my initial visa is from my father? The new company who's offering me a job is advising me to go to the labor office and file a case against my current sponsor because they keep me in their company illegally. Do I have the rights to do this?

I cannot afford to go back to my home country for a final exit because all my family is living here in Saudi Arabia including my 2 daughters (I just recently give birth and my new born baby is now only 5 months old).

Please, I need your prompt response to this matter.
Thanks for the help!

anyone please?!
I just really need an answer... Thanks in advance!

Joy1124 wrote:

I was able to get here in Saudi Arabia from a family visa - dependent to my father since 2004. I worked in the company since May 2010 and transferred my sponsorship to them dated Nov. 2013. Now I got an offer from another company and they are willing to transfer my sponsorship with them as long as my current company provides a release letter for me. I submitted my resignation with a 1 month notice and my 1 month notice is finished sine June 7. However, when I asked for my release letter, my current sponsor is reluctant to give and I was told that he will give me a final exit.

My question is, do I have the rights to insist the release letter because my initial visa is from my father? The new company who's offering me a job is advising me to go to the labor office and file a case against my current sponsor because they keep me in their company illegally. Do I have the rights to do this?

I cannot afford to go back to my home country for a final exit because all my family is living here in Saudi Arabia including my 2 daughters (I just recently give birth and my new born baby is now only 5 months old).

Please, I need your prompt response to this matter.
Thanks for the help!

As per labor law, release letter (NOC) is not required, However for some companies (employers), if the employee will transfer to another company that is of same kind of business e.g. from hospital to another hospital, that employer have the right not to give you a release letter.

You can not file a complain in the labor office, in my opinion, since you got iqama sponsorship under your current employer not your parents.

You have two options:
1. Remain with your current employer and ask them to match the offer from another company.
2. Leave Saudi Arabia, ask your would be employer to process your visa and have it delivered to your country. And come back.

Thank you for the response!
The other company who's offering me a job is another industry (Fashion Industry). Unfortunately they do not have a visa to process for me, hence they are recruiting only local hire.

Hi All, please help him with this tricky question.

You can't do anything without your sponsor permission its up on him he can give release or he can send on exit there is no law in saudi to give you release in this situation get exit from your current employer and come back on new visa or try to convince him for release  if you go labor court nothing will happen only time and money waste you will just get exit and esb

Hi Joy1124

I faced the same question one year ago since I transferred my sponsorship from my previous employer to the current one, after that I have been offered with a new offer double the package I was receiving that time, so I requested my sponsorship however when I asked labor office they advise me to contact my employer since he has the rights to submit a final exit visa for me if I refused to work.
So I negotiated with them the offer and I had a revised package from their side.

Try to negotiate with your current employer to reach the maximum benefits and to not lose your current status.

Best Regards,

Ahmed

Our HR Director and Govt. Relation is in full support of me, they are against our employer, hence they are advising me to go to Labor Office and assuring me that I can win this case.

I just want to know if there is any anyone who experienced the same and what was the result? Do you think the Labor Office will look into this matter or they will just ignore me?

Sorry for being persistent I just really dont know what to do. I wanted to leave this company so bad and i'm afraid to loose my job offer.

Thank you!

I really understand your situation!

Unfortunately only the employer or his representative has the power of releasing you, no matter the HR Director and Govt. Relation emotions about your case were, finally you need the release from someone else,

For contacting Labor office first of all the will request your contract, to see if it is clearly mentioned that you have the right to request release under any condition " I think this is not mentioned in your case".

They will ask you about any complain that could make you welling to request the release like " delaying in receiving salary " or any other legal reason that could legally end the contractual relation " if not "

They will tell you what I have been told one year ago " Go to your employer and negotiate with hem all your problems because he is the  ONLY person that  has the right of releasing you and give you final exit as well"

This is my experience honestly.

Best Regards,

Ahmed

Joy1124 wrote:

Our HR Director and Govt. Relation is in full support of me, they are against our employer, hence they are advising me to go to Labor Office and assuring me that I can win this case.

I just want to know if there is any anyone who experienced the same and what was the result? Do you think the Labor Office will look into this matter or they will just ignore me?

Sorry for being persistent I just really dont know what to do. I wanted to leave this company so bad and i'm afraid to loose my job offer.

Thank you!

I don't think your HR and Govt Relations directors will side with you against the BOSS/employer when you go to the Labor Department to lodge a complain. Be realistic!

The only way for you is to negotiate with the employer in a nice manner. Explain to him/her the advantages for YOUR FAMILY/your kids if you transfer. Employers are kind when it's about family. Negotiate in a nice manner.