Moving to Scotland- Some questions (where to live, cost of living,etc)

Hi my name is Erica.

I am a dairy farmer from Canada and looking to move to Scotland. I have a few questions about working and living in Scotland.

If anyone can answer a few questions for me it would be much appreciated!

1) What part of Scotland would be the best to live for a typical farmer like myself?

2)What is the average cost of living in Scotland?

3) I am looking for work on a farm and was wondering what a reasonable rate of pay would be?

4) and basically any need to know information about living in Scotland that you think anyone moving here should know.

Thanks!

4. You need a British born grandparent to qualify for the ancestry visa. If not, you have a problem.

Anywhere in Scotland is good for farming as its isolated whole shit with crap weather and lot of arrogant Scottish,  if you love loneliness and being by yourself is perfect as they won't welcome you into their community.

Good luck with that.

I have heard the exact opposite, that people are kind and polite in Scotland. Is that only in the cities?

If you admire the beauties of the nature I'd recommend Highlands ;-)

thank you all so so much. I think the highlands is where i'm going to be going. My grandmothers family is from Aberdeen shire and all I have heard is great things about Scotland. Everyone I have met from there is wonderful and very welcoming. I quite enjoy the solitude of farming life and the small town feel of things. I enjoy knowing my neighbours and being on a small farm. I am visiting in a few months to check things out and visit some family.

I hope you enjoy your visit, Erica. If you are aged 18-30 you can get a working holiday visa which is good for 2 years but I can't see any way you could make a permanent move except by marriage.