People drugged in Paceville - I need your help

Hi guys,

Many of you may have heard of the guy who died in Paceville a month back ago. He was my friend and he was drugged and robbed.

We've heard of several more cases about people being drugged and robbed and we're gathering all information we can. Now I need your help as well. I need to know if you yourself have felt like you've been drugged or if you have heard about anyone being drugged.

We're going to put an end to this and need as much information as possible.

Thank you

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : no accusations on the forum please

Hi there,

the only way to put an end to this is to put an end to Paceville !

And that means not going there anymore ..... but that is not going to happen.

What happens in Paceville is very disgusting but .....going there is asking for trouble. And nearly everybody that I know has been robbed in Paceville but not drugged!

Cheers
Ricky

Whilst i am extremely saddened for the loss of your friend , i would suggest that making such claims and things on a website about a particular group without any substantive proof is not going to help your case in any way at all.
I know that you and the family believe he was drugged and robbed BUT there doesnt seem to be anything that has been reported that supports this theory.
By all means ask if anyone has felt like they have been drugged or for anyone who has been robbed to come forward or advise people going out in this area to be careful so that others dont find them selves in this situation  but please be careful about what you say and who you accuse because that is not going to help you in the long term.

I hope that you find the answers your looking for and sorry if you feel im not being very sympathetic because trust me thats not the case at all

all the best in your search for the truth

rob

robpw2 wrote:

Whilst i am extremely saddened for the loss of your friend , i would suggest that making such claims and things on a website about a particular group without any substantive proof is not going to help your case in any way at all.
I know that you and the family believe he was drugged and robbed BUT there doesnt seem to be anything that has been reported that supports this theory.
By all means ask if anyone has felt like they have been drugged or for anyone who has been robbed to come forward or advise people going out in this area to be careful so that others dont find them selves in this situation  but please be careful about what you say and who you accuse because that is not going to help you in the long term.

I hope that you find the answers your looking for and sorry if you feel im not being very sympathetic because trust me thats not the case at all

all the best in your search for the truth

rob

Except the fact that his phone and wallet was missing?

Except the fact that there has been more robberies + drugged people after this?

Except the fact that there was a guy robbed and drugged just a few days before my friend died?

This is not the only case, Rob. We already know about several more cases. It's not a question of whether it's happening.

Don't say this is a theory, because it's not a theory. We have gathered all the information we have ourselves.

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : no accusations on the forum please

It's a theory and not a fact - a fact is something which has valid evidence to back it up
A theory is something that is based on what could have happened

His wallet and phone may be missing which could be a possible robbery - however as the cctv was broken where the body was found they cannot prove this is what happened . Thus this is a theory and not a fact ...

The only facts of the case are someone died and they had been out in paceville the rest of the information until proved is theory .

I am not protecting anyone other than trying to protect you from further trouble down the line by making accusations to which you have no (current) basis on a public forum .

Your entitled to believe what you like off course  and nothing I say will change that
If you have a problem with the police investigation may I suggest that you complain to the relevant authorities , perhaps speak to the Dutch embassy etc .

Keeping repeating the word "fact" does not make it true.

Its a fact that people are robbed in Paceville , its also a fact that people get very drunk and pass out in Paceville.

All proven by previous court cases but drugged and robbed and murdered?

I would be very careful of what you allege without  Proof !

Terry

tearnet wrote:

Keeping repeating the word "fact" does not make it true.

Its a fact that people are robbed in Paceville , its also a fact that people get very drunk and pass out in Paceville.

All proven by previous court cases but drugged and robbed and murdered?

I would be very careful of what you allege without  Proof !

Terry

You're right, it's impossible calling it a fact. It is how ever obvious to everyone looking into the case, knowing the person and seeing as this has happened to many more before and even after.

I guess the guards selling drugs is also just a theory until I can actually post a video of it here?

This is Malta !

The police hardly ever do anything to enforce any kind of law in Malta. For example , I have been told by a police spokeswoman that the Police have more important things to do than to enforce traffic regulations. In fact, what I was complaining about 6 months ago, is still the same way that is was.

So what do you expect to succeed in ? Malta is one of the most corrupt countries in Europe. Whether that is the case in this case is not proven.

No one in their right sense would go anywhere near Paceville! It is at your own risk if you do go there.

What happened to your firend is really sad but he knew what he was up to. He was not a tourist.

Cheers
Ricky

I have been living here for almost a year now and can't wait to get out.I agree with Kranvatten. This country has issues that need addressing, Shutting down Paceville is not the solution. In my opinion the solution can be solved when the government realise that the police force here are not competent. Most of the police here are employed, not due to their capability, but due to the fact of who they know. Most of them are out of shape and very narrow minded.

I am of Maltese background and i can't understand why anyone would want to live here? The Island is dirty and polluted. Dog crap everywhere. It's very expensive. Not all, but most of the bus drivers are arrogant. Cars and buses drive like maniacs. It's  Disaster waiting to happen. They have no idea about food handling. I was next to Mosta Dome yesterday and a guy selling fish off the back of his truck with blow flies allover it. I was surprised people were actually buying it. Another disaster waiting to happen.

In my opinion the only way that this place were to correct itself, is not to come here for a few years and maybe the Maltese "MIGHT" realise that it is them who needs us and not us that needs them.

I'm maltese & retuned to live here after 41 years abroad & hate here but unfortunately can.t afford to go back to Sydney.
Why anybody chooses to come & work here is beyond me
everything is 3rd  rate & the slightest complaint is impossible.

bilbla wrote:

I have been living here for almost a year now and can't wait to get out.I agree with Kranvatten. This country has issues that need addressing, Shutting down Paceville is not the solution. In my opinion the solution can be solved when the government realise that the police force here are not competent. Most of the police here are employed, not due to their capability, but due to the fact of who they know. Most of them are out of shape and very narrow minded.

I have been living in Malta for 16 months now and love it to bits. Each to their own I guess. If a Dutch person hates malta I would politely suggest a return to Holland would be in order. Just my opinion

mkiel wrote:

I'm maltese & retuned to live here after 41 years abroad & hate here but unfortunately can.t afford to go back to Sydney.
Why anybody chooses to come & work here is beyond me
everything is 3rd  rate & the slightest complaint is impossible.

I love Malta and wouldn't live in Sydney if you paid me. No funnel Web spiders here or king browns etc. MALTA rocks all laid back and a relaxed police force not jobsworths (aka traffic picking on motorists like they do in UK) I remember once going to work on Christmas morning doing 80 in a 30 limit on my motorbike just my luck only car on road was a cop. But he just flashed his headlights at me. No traffic so no need to worry. Wouldn't happen now in UK

Hi everybody,

Please note that the forum is not the appropriate place to post accusations as these can be harmful for Expat.com !!
We are only here to inform people on the situation abroad and life in other countries and that's it.

Also note that there is already a topic about Paceville here : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=102357

Thank you then for avoiding creating threads on the same subject on the forum.

Priscilla

Hi redders-61 What is life without a bit of excitement? So down under we have to doge a few snakes and spiders, that's just the beauty of it though. I suppose you never lived in Sydney? The difference between me and you is i have lived here and there, so who do you think can be the better judge?

And re the relaxed police force, Do you really think that that is a good thing? Letting people drive under the influence of alcohol and drugs. and let's not forget the maniacs that think they are part of a drag race. You should be more responsible yourself doing 80 in a 30 zone. Why would you brag about something stupid like that?

I lived in Sydney for 30 years & Never saw any snakes or poisonous spiders  except @ the zoo.

bilbla wrote:

And re the relaxed police force, Do you really think that that is a good thing? Letting people drive under the influence of alcohol and drugs. and let's not forget the maniacs that think they are part of a drag race. You should be more responsible yourself doing 80 in a 30 zone. Why would you brag about something stupid like that?

Because it was Xmas morning with nobody on the road. One night at about 3am my mate got chased down by a patrol car, I had to tell him to slow down to let cop catch up. We were doing 120 again with nobody on road so cop let him off with a warning. I wasn't bragging I was pointing out discretion for circumstances. I love Malta and being on bus. Had this discussion with others before you too. I HATE LOATHE and DETEST H&S nonsense. As for Australia I don't have to live there to know I don't want to, like I don't have to eat liver to know I don't like it. If you want over aggressive, jobsworth cops feel free to move to UK you will love it lol. My view is speed limits should be enforced in normal hours but De restricted in small hours of the morning. It would be hard to do 60 in Malta let alone 120.

Hi everybody,

Please note that some inappropriate posts have been removed from the forum.

Can we please stick to the initial subject of this topic?

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers: