Filipino looking for a new job in ho chi minh

Hi, my name is Claro Abar Jr. 28 years of age. I am a certified caregiver with 2 years experience working in an assisted living home for elders in the United States. A few months later i decided to go to vietnam with my fiancee (viet citizen) and now i am stuck hence it was hard for me to find a job here that is related to my previous job. If i cannot find a job related to my previous one then is there any other jobs there where i cant start?

you can look for an english teaching job...

thank you for your response artluv. I would love to teach but the thing is I am inexperience when it comes to teaching. What I mean is that I have no experience at all. I'm afraid that if the school will hire me i don't have any clue what should i teach. it sounds funny but I really have no idea at all. maybe if there is another teacher or someone that is willing to guide me and tell me what lesson should i start then that would be great

artluv2002 wrote:

you can look for an english teaching job...

I really wish people who stop telling unqualified people they should teach English. I saddens me the think of all the hard working Vietnamese families wasting good money on useless English lessons.

no one wants to go to war without bullets in their guns if you know what I mean. that's the reason why I'm trying to find out what's the best thing to do to gain more confident in teaching here. moreover, it's not just about earning a money but there is no greater than seeing your students blooming and telling them how proud they are for you.

ghoztVI wrote:

no one wants to go to war without bullets in their guns if you know what I mean. that's the reason why I'm trying to find out what's the best thing to do to gain more confident in teaching here. moreover, it's not just about earning a money but there is no greater than seeing your students blooming and telling them how proud they are for you.

If you want to "gain more confident in teaching here" and if there is "no greater than seeing your students blooming and telling them how proud they are for you", then you should invest in some English lessons for yourself.

thanks for your advice but yeah I forgot to tell you that I am currently enrolled at the university of Toronto for TEFL course

Hi everybody,

I have removed some inappropriate posts ( personal attacks ) from this thread.

Can we please calm down here and stop fighting? ;)

@ ghoztVI > I invite you to have a look at the Work in Vietnam guide, it might help.

Thanks

Priscilla