Considering moving to Zurich

Hi everyone,

I have an offer to move from US to Zurich.

I am trying to get an idea what my monthly paycheck will be after all the tax deductions, and get more information.

Thank you in advance for the information!

1) If I earned 10K / month, worked and lived in Zurich, could someone tell me what taxes I would have to pay, and at what rates?   I am trying to get an idea for my net paycheck.

2) I used to live in Austria.  Over there, I used to get 14 paychecks / year: one for summer holiday in May, and one in November for winter holiday.   Is it the same in Switzerland?

3) Would it be cheaper to live outside of Zurich?  How much cheaper would it be?

4) My office is going to be about 2 stations away from Hauptbahnhof.  I won't have a car. I am planning to get a small furnished flat with Internet access and normal cable TV with easy access. I don't want to sign a contract.  Any recommendations on neighborhood or websites to find apartments would be appreciated.

Welcome to Expat-blog, CH-Expat! :)

Your discussion has been redirected to the Zurich forum for effective communication.

Regards,
Sheetul

Sheetul wrote:

Welcome to Expat-blog, CH-Expat! :)

Your discussion has been redirected to the Zurich forum for effective communication.

Regards,
Sheetul

C'mon there's nobody here...just moderators

try comparis.ch for tax
and homegate.ch for appartments
if you dig a little bit on this website you'll find more links

Thanks for the info.