Expat group in Dalian?

Does anyone know if there is still an expat group in Dalian?
There use to be one, but I can't find it.

I am in Shunde..also very close I have searched for the last 6 months..if there is still a group... they must be in hiding  ha ha ha because I cannot find them..

I know there use to be one.
I think the poeple who started it went back home.
I think its time for a new one, we can have our first meetup in July, it will leave enough time to get the word out.
Even if its just 3or 4 poeple when it starts, I am sure it will grow.
Maybe we can have our first meetup at Maan coffee, I will ask them to put a notice up.
I hope you will join!!

hey I would be happy to come if its before July 12 ..Im going on a trip on July 14.. and will be away until end of July

I was a member on but the website is no longer there. Shame as it was a great source of information. I am in Dalian for the latter part of July, I know the Dalian beer festival is on over that period as well!!!

try 海尊假日 hotel. close to zhongshan square.still cant find them , i will give you a number let you find them

I want to join an expat group. Let's start one. It would be sweet to hangout over some beers and share tips or war stories =p

Maybe we can decide on a Saturday night and a some cool hangouts to choose from?

That a great idea!!!
So lets decide on a date, I know allot of pl will only get back from holiday after the National break, so maybe after that?

There is a really nice little bar in Zhongshan called Shamrocks maybe we can have our first meet up there with some cold beers.
What do u think?

I'm all in for that! You had me at "cold beer" haha. We can create an event and for this then. You mean national holiday as in the week long one in October, right? I actually have to take a business trip to Thailand during that week too =)

How about I can throw out some dates soon and see what might work best for people who see these posts? I can't wait =p

Yip, I mean the October week. I will also be away for that week and the last week of Sept.
I know some expats have a long holiday during that time.
NICE!!! u going to Thailand :)

YES!!! great idea👍!!!!!
Its gonna be awesome to have a meet up!

Okay, I was looking at a calendar and it looks like October 15 or 22 would be the next Saturdays after the holiday. Which day would work better for you? I'm gonna create a new forum post and hopefully gather some folks together for this! I'll pitch Shamrocks as the meeting point.

By the way, I've moved the conversation to this thread:

Here is a gathering for anyone who wants to join on October 22nd: … greet.html

Please come out if you are available! I'm hoping to have a gathering every couple months, if not every month. It'll be great to meet you guys in person =)

Questions and answers about Dalian

Ask your question
Looking to meet some people :)
By SteveDalian
Ian McCartney
An active Expat, wintering in the Dalian area
By Ian McCartney
Dalianites! Let's hangout in October!!
By saranana
New Expat in Dalian, China
By ferdisianipar

Expatriate health insurance in Dalian