Movie Buddies!

Hello all :-).

Would anybody be interested to catch a movie or two in Dubai Marina Mall sometime? Do let me know when is convenient and suggestions for which show to look out for. Hope you guys are keen on this, the more the merrier!

:-).

Sounds like an amazing idea. I'm game, what type of movies are you into?

Sounds gr8,

What kind of movies you guys prefer???

J

I am game ...Which movie?..

Heya!

Any genre actually although I have the tendency to watch horror flicks between my fingers. I have not looked into the movie listings yet but will let you know asap? If you been wanting to catch a particular show, that is alright too :-).

Will get back to you guys soon!

I love horror movies (especially zombie movies by George Romero); but i love comedy as well.Personally, i cannot wait until the Dubai film festival, that's when the real movie fun starts.

Hey farsight13, I had to Wikipedia George Romero, pardon my lack of knowledge. The Crazies trailer is insane!

So just went online, Dubai Marina Mall isn't showing that many but some comedy movies grabbed my attention. You can see the listings by clicking on this link Dubai Marina Mall Movie Listings

I vote for... "Dinner for Schmucks" and "The Other Guys". What do you all think?

And by the way, where are the girls? :|

Hi Sher1na,

Here is one :).  I live opposite to the Dubai Marina Mall, in JLT, so will join if I like the chosen movie.  By the way, not into horror...  Like thrillers and whodunits.

Thanks and best regards,
Marleen

Hello am back.

6th Oct; 9:00PM - "Dinner for Schmucks".

All in favour say YAY?

sher1na wrote:

Hello am back.

6th Oct; 9:00PM - "Dinner for Schmucks".

All in favour say YAY?

yay :P

YAY, i love comedy.
But i am not sure if i am going to be free on that night. I will message a day head to tell you guys if i am free for a movie.

Also YAY for me!

At what time do we meet?  Does the movie start at 9.00 PM?

Thanks!
Marleen

Splendid! :-D

Looking forward to meet you Marleen, and yes the movie starts at 9:00pm.
I hope you can make it farsight13!

Am suggesting that we meet at 7pm at the mall to get the tickets (am assuming there is going to be a queue and we will be left with "in-your-face" seats) and head for dinner, chit-chat, etc?

sher1na wrote:

Splendid! :-D

Looking forward to meet you Marleen, and yes the movie starts at 9:00pm.
I hope you can make it farsight13!

Am suggesting that we meet at 7pm at the mall to get the tickets (am assuming there is going to be a queue and we will be left with "in-your-face" seats) and head for dinner, chit-chat, etc?

hi hun

i cannot make it that early. More likely to be there around 8.45. Will text u and keep u updated. xx

unquote

Hi,

7 pm is ok for me + dinner and chit-chat.  We will meet  at 7 on the upper level at the entrance of the movie theatre.  OK?

See you there,
Marleen

Hello.

I will be there too. I love horror movies personnally. aha

See ya guys!

Hey Shilpa, no worries. We will see you then! :-) Text me if anything.

Marleen/Louisa5701, I will be there. I'll PM you my digits, so we can contact each other :-).

hi Guys,

I will probably join you for the movie, will reconfirm before one day
Cheers
Armen

hey movie watchers,
Yea i am going to be there at 7, and i am bring my laughs :D.

Hey, where do you want to meet? i guess its in front of the ticket counter at 7-ish?

Hi Sherina, I will defo be there.. and will try to be there as early as possible.. but if u guys decide to buy the tickets at 7pm, please could u get mine and I'll give u the money whenI see u as I don't wanna be sat on my own :P

looking for a job in a bank...anyone who can help?

UC wrote:

Lol
Off Topic!

UC wrote:

Kindly do not post in topics not related to your query :) and please do check out the response I gave you in your other topic.

Marlèneke wrote:

We will meet  at 7 on the upper level at the entrance of the movie theatre.  OK?

See you there,
Marleen

See you there, farsight13! Remember, "upper level entrance of the movie theatre." Buzz me if anything, I'll PM you my number shortly.

Hey Shilpa, don't worry! I won't abandon you! I'll call you as soon as I get there and see where you are :-) Hope you can make it for the food+chat!

hey guys I'll catch you all around 7:00pm :)

See you there too Armen119 :-).

Nice meeting u all yesterday... and Farsight I forgot to talk during the film to try to annoy u lol

Shilpa

There is "ONE" in every theater across the world that tries to make my movie experience ..."interesting". Next time i shall be prepared.

farsight13 wrote:

There is "ONE" in every theater across the world that tries to make my movie experience ..."interesting". Next time i shall be prepared.

I am new and improved.. 6 years ago u would have had to leave the cinema lol

Sher1na and other participants,

Good relaxing movie and... nice food!  Thank you!  Pity the theatre was so crowded LOL.

Ready for more.

Marleen

Hey Marleen.

'Twas the gang that made the whole movie experience enjoyable ;-). Let's see which show we can see next, yes, minus the crowd though.

Movie Buddies,

I modestly :) suggest "Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps".

How about Wednesday next?

THE END

For the love of movies, count me in Marleen!

I personally want to see Eat Pray Love :P perhaps in MOE/Dubai Mall?

i hear bad reviews for wall street and i have already had the "pleasure" of watching Eat pray love, so i guess you guys have to count me out on your next visit to the local theater. Maybe next time guys.:(

farsight13 wrote:

i hear bad reviews for wall street and i have already had the "pleasure" of watching Eat pray love, so i guess you guys have to count me out on your next visit to the local theater. Maybe next time guys.:(

hey hows it going?

Would u recommend Eat Pray Love. curious to have a guy;s opinion on the film :P

Well I wouldn't say that it is the worse movie in the world, but I been told that the movie doesn't quiet follow the book, as in, the book is more dramatic.

Also there are certain parts of them movie that felt too unrealistic. Like I get it that it's a work of fiction but there are times where I felt that the protagonist magically falls into a situation (Deus ex Machina) that aids her in identifying who she is and what she should do, like any other action or sci-fi movie.

It gives the false impression that women who are in a bad relationships or marriages can find a “happily ever after” by taking a magical trip around the world and not really work it out with the help of friends and family. It is the typical Hollywood film about a white, wealthy, broken, North American woman, who keeps on making the same mistake over and over again, goes out to see the world, and gets a spoonful of culture shock and advice that is faintly similar to “chicken soup for the broken heart”. We all saw this before; as it has been recycle way too many times in film.

However, I am not saying that the movie is totally garbage. There are some parts, which I am willing to admit, that it was quiet good. More specifically, her time spend in Italy, which followed the “EAT” part of the book. I felt for me that part, and only that part, was funny, and well written as the main character spends her time eating great food and making great friends and gets really good advice. It really warmed my heart. However, as soon as she attains these friends, and in my opinion a wonderful life, she quickly runs to India. By this time, you realize that the movie recycle each part of the segments “Pray and love” in the same fashion but has different yet similar context.

If I had choice, I would RE-WATCH the movie “Under the Tuscan Sun”. It has a better plot and character development than “Eat, Pray and love”.

P.s. “that's right, I can be profound and analyze the intricacy of a good story/film.”

farsight13 wrote:

Well I wouldn't say that it is the worse movie in the world, but I been told that the movie doesn't quiet follow the book, as in, the book is more dramatic.

Also there are certain parts of them movie that felt too unrealistic. Like I get it that it's a work of fiction but there are times where I felt that the protagonist magically falls into a situation (Deus ex Machina) that aids her in identifying who she is and what she should do, like any other action or sci-fi movie.

It gives the false impression that women who are in a bad relationships or marriages can find a “happily ever after” by taking a magical trip around the world and not really work it out with the help of friends and family. It is the typical Hollywood film about a white, wealthy, broken, North American woman, who keeps on making the same mistake over and over again, goes out to see the world, and gets a spoonful of culture shock and advice that is faintly similar to “chicken soup for the broken heart”. We all saw this before; as it has been recycle way too many times in film.

However, I am not saying that the movie is totally garbage. There are some parts, which I am willing to admit, that it was quiet good. More specifically, her time spend in Italy, which followed the “EAT” part of the book. I felt for me that part, and only that part, was funny, and well written as the main character spends her time eating great food and making great friends and gets really good advice. It really warmed my heart. However, as soon as she attains these friends, and in my opinion a wonderful life, she quickly runs to India. By this time, you realize that the movie recycle each part of the segments “Pray and love” in the same fashion but has different yet similar context.

If I had choice, I would RE-WATCH the movie “Under the Tuscan Sun”. It has a better plot and character development than “Eat, Pray and love”.

P.s. “that's right, I can be profound and analyze the intricacy of a good story/film.”

Thank you for that. I havent read the book yet but been told about it by all my girlfriends.. so am curious

im in!