Help with Egyptian passport info.

Hi,

I am a 27 year old female with am Egyptian Father & an English mother.

I hope to get an Egyptian Passport, as i plan to visit Egypt for some time.

I have been to the Embassy with my father,but it seems i need some extra documents.

We took with us,

My british passport.
My fathers Egyptian & british passport.
My fathers I.D card.
My parents marriage certificate.
My british birth certificate.

I do not have an Egyptian birth certificate or national i.d card.

I will be in Cairo next week for a short visit. What is the best way for me to get Egyptian passport?

Thankyou & i hope To hear from you soon. Inshallah.

Hi Aimster, hope everything is good, regarding to how to get Egyptian passport, Here is the official website it has every details but it's in Arabic and English. if you need any explanation, never hesitate to message me, Hope you will enjoy your stay in Egypt :D

Hi Bebo,

Thankyou for your reply but i cannot see the link for the website?

Alf Shukran

Hi Amister

To get an egyptian passport u need to have firstly an egyptian national  ID cos it's a basic document for issuing the passport & to have an egyptian national  ID u need too get an egyptian birth certificate ……. Its kind of complicated process for u if u r not familiar with the egyptian routine .

By the way …… did ur parents was married in or outside Egypt ? … & … where did u was born … in or outside Egypt ? ….cos it will save u some steps if they married here & u was born here too .

I recommend if u try to get ur egyptian passport u should have an egyptian friend or relative with u at this round of procedures .

If u have more questions … just inbox me & u r welcome

Wish u luck

Hi the egyptian lawyer, out of curiosity when a child who is not of Egyptian parentage is born in Egypt is there any chance of obtaining an Egyptian passport?
Thanks

Hi missmash

Ya sure that possible by Egyptian's nationality law …. By this law articles there is an Special ways for foreigner who was born in Egypt & have not egyptian parentage & this cases included In this law No_26 for 1975 at the following  articles :

Article 4 / 4 :

It s allowed With decree of the Egyptian's minister of interior to give the egyptian nationality for :

1)    every foreigner was born in Egypt & his father (  foreigner too ) was born In Egypt too , if he was belong for the majority of any Arabic or Islamic country & ask to gain the Egyptian's nationality during a year after his Maturity age ( 21 years )

2)    every foreigner was born in Egypt & his regular residency was in Egypt when he complete the Maturity age , he can gain the egyptian nationality if he meet this conditions :

1-    ask to gain the Egyptian's nationality during a year after his Maturity age .
2-    be in a good health physically & mentally .
3-    have a good reputation & didn't have an criminal record
4-    have a legally income resource .

3)    3) every foreigner was at least his regular residency was in Egypt before he ask to gain the Egyptian's nationality & meet this conditions :
1-    complete Maturity age
2-    be in a good health physically & mentally .
3-    have a good reputation & didn't have an criminal record
4-    have a legally income resource .

Article 5 :

It s allowed With decree of the Egyptian's minister of interior to give the egyptian nationality for any foreigners who make for Egypt a great services without any conditions

That s it …… this the ways to gain the Egyptian's nationality  & the Egyptian passport for foreigners…… I hope that was helpful for u & if u have more questions …. Be my guest : ))) .

the egyptian lawyer wrote:

Hi Amister

To get an egyptian passport u need to have firstly an egyptian national  ID cos it's a basic document for issuing the passport & to have an egyptian national  ID u need too get an egyptian birth certificate ……. Its kind of complicated process for u if u r not familiar with the egyptian routine .

By the way …… did ur parents was married in or outside Egypt ? … & … where did u was born … in or outside Egypt ? ….cos it will save u some steps if they married here & u was born here too .

I recommend if u try to get ur egyptian passport u should have an egyptian friend or relative with u at this round of procedures .

If u have more questions … just inbox me & u r welcome

Wish u luck

Great info. Always helpful "Egyptian Lawyer".  :par:

Hi meme1 sorry for sending you a PM. Will be reading the threads.
Once again I do apologise. No ill intentions meant.

missmash wrote:

Hi meme1 sorry for sending you a PM. Will be reading the threads.
Once again I do apologise. No ill intentions meant.

Stop apologizing to do not proceed to block button. Mind your business.