Can you guys help me ?

hi there.  i have a questions. 

next month my friend come to visit us from Thailand. 

and he want to stay in my friend rent room. 
because he want to save money for his vacation in Vietnam .
than waste it spend  for hotel .

he use a tourist visa .

is it OK for him to stay in my friend rent room ?

because i heard that Vietnam police always check room and house every month  .

is it OK . if he visit Vietnam but don't stay in hotel ?

anyway he visit Vietnam for 3 month .

and if he cant stay in my friend rent room

is there any cheap hotel ?

his budget is 3 million dong for one month for hotel .
he is a back packer tourist. 

thank you so much

If your friend is Vietnamese, you should let your ward police station know you have a friend coming and you should have no problem. If your friend is Thai, the police may need some tea money to give you approval to let your friend stay.

thank you so much for the information .

and he stay in vietnam for 3 month.  can he renew his visa for next 3 month ? . or he have to leave vietnam first than enter Vietnam again ?

because Vietnam policy always change

It shouldn't be a problem if you just register his name with the police and landlord.  As long as they know he's visiting and will be a normal tenant during his stay, they won't press any questions.  It only is a concern if it's of the opposite sex, and event hen foreigners don't get many issues with visiting friends/relationships.  Just make sure you file him witht he authorities.

Hi:

Its very easy to solve the problem, just have the land lord register with the local police.

I did that when I visited my VN girlfriend...Her landlord registered for me with the local police nd there wasn't any charges.

Chiwen

soka20 wrote:

thank you so much for the information .

and he stay in vietnam for 3 month.  can he renew his visa for next 3 month ? . or he have to leave vietnam first than enter Vietnam again ?

because Vietnam policy always change

There is a way to renew a tourist visa without leaving the country. The only thing you need to leave the country for is if your changing a tourist visa into a business visa. My friends have found it costing 20usd

You can extend the visa 3 times before you have to leave the country

Well, I told a Vietnamese friend and host to please report my stay the same evening to the police. She didn't and then was fined 500,000 d (no receipt)

Elsewhere, there was no problem and no fee or tea money provided the report was made in a timely manner.

Many hotels charge 200,000 d. But he might check out Couchsurfing provided he would let others stay as well...