Does anyone know about Bahia de Caraques area?

I have heard good things about this small community and my wife and I are wanting to spend a few weeks there and explore other ocean communities while we are there. People have informed me that Playas is filthy dirty, even has sewage pouring into it. Salinas is way too busy for us. We are wanting to spend 4-5 months a year in a warm sunny place on the ocean and wish to mingle with locals and learn about their culture. Those of you who have experiences at beach locations, please jump in and we will greatly appreciate your input. Roberto

There are many expats there. Type Bahia in to the search box at the top of this page. I'm sure you will find that there are other threads and people will get in touch with you if you post on them

Rolllingstone wrote:

I have heard good things about this small community and my wife and I are wanting to spend a few weeks there and explore other ocean communities while we are there. People have informed me that Playas is filthy dirty, even has sewage pouring into it. Salinas is way too busy for us. We are wanting to spend 4-5 months a year in a warm sunny place on the ocean and wish to mingle with locals and learn about their culture. Those of you who have experiences at beach locations, please jump in and we will greatly appreciate your input. Roberto

Last I heard you can only spend a total of 90 days a year out of Ecuador the first two years with your residency visa, so count on staying in country for 9 months the first 2 years.