Divorce issue

Salam,

I had an issue that is needed to be discussed here. I have a cousin in saudi arabia medina. Shes married and her husband and family not treating him well from 2 years. Situation has come to divorce but her husband is not forcefully allowing her to even go back to pakistan. She is stuck here and has no idea what to do. How to apply for divorce or get rid of them as there are many problems for the women here. Please if someone can guide us so that i can help her in the situation. She has to take divorce and get back to pakistan to her family.

Regards,

The very best thing that your cousin can do, and should do as soon as possible, is to go speak to the people at the Pakistan Embassy/Consulate and ask for their advice and help. She should explain to them that she is being mistreated and give examples of how.

If her husband is holding her passport (which is against the law) the Embassy can issue an emergency passport. Regarding divorce, it would be best to consult a local lawyer.

Cheers,
James      Expat-blog Experts Team

her passport is with her husband kept in his company she only has the aqama.
is there any embassy in medina city ? if she will go there she will have to wait there for long time for receiving the passport it will be extremely difficult to live alone once taken the step. any other option ?

This seems police case , ask her to get help from police. No consulate in Madinah , get police help or get a legal help through a lawyer.

Dear,

First of all what's her passport is doing with his company? Company is not her sponsor; her husband is. Company would only keep the passport of his husband; although its illegal.

I would suggest to contact a lawyer first. Then contact Police and Embassy according to his advices.

HTH,

Khurram.

YOU SHOUDL GO AND COMPLAIN MUTAWAS THEY WILL SOLVE PROBLEMS RELATED FAMILIES YOU CAN GO COURT (MUHKMA) ALSO

thank you i will explain to contact a lawyer
hopefully he understands english

YES MANY LAWYERS ARE FROM INDIA AND PAKISTAN ALSO THOSE PRACTICING HERE IN KSA

There is a pakistani consulate camp in Madinah.. she can go to them and ask for their help. they can issue her an emergency passport, but she cannot leave without Exit/Re-entry visa which can only be issued by her husband.

if she is severly mistreated ( i.e. beaten ) then she should not wait and go to police immediately. if it is not the case, she can file a case against him at the court mentioning all things he did and ask for divorce / or processing her papers for exit and giving her passport, then she can file divorce case at pakistan.

wish her all safety

thank you very much for the advice really appreciate
jazakallah