Tips for getting your first job in Morocco

Hi,

What are your tips and advice for getting a first job in Morocco?

What are the job hunting steps to follow? Where to look for offers: newspapers, Internet, recruitment agencies, word-of-mouth?

What are the top hiring sectors?

What would you recommend to young professionals wishing to start their career in Morocco?

Thank you in advance for your participation!

Hi,

The French language is very needed.

Apart from that, all languages and Informatics are very important to get a job in ANY country.

If you master English, French, Dutsh or Spanish, call centers are your best start.

I wish you a good luck.

Regards.

I was told I would have a job the minute I step off the plane.

Yes, call centres are a great place to start for English speakers but when I went ..... most had contracts with other countries.

I am from South Africa and even had one RUDE young lady brushing me off while I'm speaking to her about the ad that states English speakers ..... not English speakers from 'specific country' but she was willing to give my husband a job in my face to which he replied no thank you as he wouldn't want to be working for/ with or managed by such a b*&^%.

:)

so good luck and keep a cool head cos there's some nasty women in Morocco..... and she is not the only one....

Hi,

Morocco is not lived by angels. So is South Africa, which is not a free b.... country (+20% of people suffer from AIDS.)

In 2008, I took an interview at a call center in Agdal, and they hired a lady from Senegal and asked me to 'wait for their call', which never happened.

In my country I was not given a job close to the district I live in. Whereas it was given to a foreigner supported by international scholarships.

Life is not smiling to everybody, and no country is lived by good-to-do people only.

Also, if you really travelled all this distance, you could have tried other call centers, international associations, NGOs, etc.

and believe me, this is not the first time I hear a non Moroccan girl talking about a bad experience.

No need to tell you that you are better than the French who came here in the beginning of the century and killed 600 000 people in 42 years. In comparison to the killers, you are far more better. Your insult is forgiven my dear visitor. Morocco welcomes you. I hope you live happily here.

Regards.