Tips for getting your first job in Laos

Hi,

What are your tips and advice for getting a first job in Laos?

What are the job hunting steps to follow? Where to look for offers: newspapers, Internet, recruitment agencies, word-of-mouth?

What are the top hiring sectors?

What would you recommend to young professionals wishing to start their career in Laos?

Thank you in advance for your participation!

justinlovewithenglish.blogspot.com/2015/06/first-day-at-my-new-school-sengsavahn.html

Check out my blog for my experience getting a teaching job in Laos

Hi Mailanconsult > so what we should know about your experience of getting your first jobs in Laos is that you made a proper presentation of your CV?  :)

I quote this in your blog:
" I spent some time writting a proper presentation of  myself and my course, as well as getting it formatted and printed beautifully. "

Hi I am Justin Love. OK, a dry CV, if you have the right qulalificatiins/experience may get you a job, but if there is competition, your epistle may get filed away with other 'possibles'. Therefore, you should consider adding a presentation. What's special about how you teach? How do you motivate your students? What are your values and philosophy as a teacher?.
Write it up  nicely, stick in a few choice quotes, a  serving of  science, stir in some levity, and a pinch or two of pathos. That will show you know how to communicate effectively in English. It also indicates that you have personality, which when it comes to teaching english to non native speakers is a perquisite.
Placements aare a gamble and administration  will often look favourably on an applicant who is very positive, expressive and confident. They have nothing to lose, you may turn out to be a great asset to the school and at worst, will probably still do OK.