Saudi life

I am due to move to KSA in August. I have been emplyed by Al Khaleej. Any feedback on this company anyone??? Positives and negatives please.

Thanjs,
Taz

What's your location? They will probably fly you ro Riyadh first and then decide.

Hi Tasneem,

I am also from Cape Town and have been working at Al Khaleej in Abha since April. So far, I've enjoyed my time here. The company has been very good to me and my colleagues have been very helpful. Obviously, the culture is very different, but you'll adjust in time. If you would like to contact me, my email is ************

Plunge right in, the water's fine!
John

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your personal contact details on the forum for your own security

John,

Thank you for your response. It's good to get a S.A perspective on things for a change .
I'm not too worried about the Saudi lifestyle, just more concerned about the company itself. I am aware Al K have gone through some positive changes apparently.
How much cash in your opinion (speaking in our wonderful currency called the RAND lol) do you feel I would need to get buy before my first salary comes through? Expenses would include transport and food basically.

I have not been told as to where I will be located yet...when were you informed?I am to start in Aug, and I am wanting to  bring my family over eventually - husband and 2 kids under 16. I would have to org schooling - Inter schools of course.
After how long did you receive your iquama? This is a big worry for me as it will be time apart from kids 😢.Any advice on how long it would take or the process to bring my family over. Thank you for the positive feedback...its encouraging.

Totsiens,  Tasneem ☺

Ali,

I was told my location would be given later on. I am still doing loads of paperwork for my visa etc...

Do you work for Al K? Are you happy there? Any advice good and bad is welcome.

Thanks
Tasneem

Tasneem Dalvie wrote:

Ali,

I was told my location would be given later on. I am still doing loads of paperwork for my visa etc...

Do you work for Al K? Are you happy there? Any advice good and bad is welcome.

Thanks
Tasneem

It could take months to just sort your residence out let alone families. So expect 3-6 months without your family!

I have seen many come and go. Think twice if you have a good job there.

Hi John

Thanks for the response. Tasneem and I with our kids are seriously considering the move.  And as she pointed out we are read very positive things as well as negative. We need to be certain that everything will be okay more so for the sake of our children for they are both under 10years of age. Fitting in wont be an issue as we follow Islamic beliefs.

Are you residing within a compound and is it decent and importantly comfortable for our kids.

Thanks
Allie

houwtama wrote:

Hi Tasneem,

I am also from Cape Town and have been working at Al Khaleej in Abha since April. So far, I've enjoyed my time here. The company has been very good to me and my colleagues have been very helpful. Obviously, the culture is very different, but you'll adjust in time. If you would like to contact me, my email is [email protected]

Plunge right in, the water's fine!
John

For safety reasons only is not advised to give any personal details on a public forum, it can harm you more than good. Its better to give it through the private mail system.
Therefor I asked the moderators to remove your email address.

Thanks for you understanding.

Tasneem Dalvie wrote:

I am due to move to KSA in August. I have been emplyed by Al Khaleej. Any feedback on this company anyone??? Positives and negatives please.

Thanjs,
Taz

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 03&p=4

Yes please do ...thank you

Does your employment package including your children's tuition and fees at an international school??? Depending on your area there may or may not be a international school & then the fees can go anywhere from 20,000sr per kid for just tuition up to 30,000sr. Adding in books, uniforms, transportation, & extras at the school can add easily another 10,000 or more plus there are registration fees, assement fees, & capital fees that are not included in the tuition. We almost relocated from Jeddah to Riyadh this summer & I looked at prices for the American school in Riyadh and to send my 2 kids under 7 would have been over 100,00sr per year with all the costs listed above. In Jeddah I think it is around 50,000-70,000sr per year.

The other thing you need to consider is that schools here have closed registrations for the 2015/2016 school year in most cases as their spots have been filled. School registration here starts as early as the October before -April.

To give you an idea of timings away from your family. My husband entered the country in early June &  we were able to follow in early September, but depending on your company it could easily take longer.

Dear Tasneem and Allie,

I think the no. 1 Question is where will you be assigned ? this will determine many things:
-availability & Quality of International Schools
-Quality of Life
-Type of expat community
-Services ... etc

Regards

Dear Tasneem and Allie

I would like to share my experience about Al-Khalej since I have two friends were working there for a period of time, both of them were complaining form the stress of the coerces they were handling and the number of hours requested from them to instruct however they were paid so well for that.
One Positive issue that they were encouraged by Al-Khalej admins to enroll in global certification to enhance thier competences and experiences.

I am in Khobar, Eastern area if you need any help

Welcome in Saudi Arabia in Advance

Best Regards,

Ahmed