Advice and help please, moving to Bangkok

Hey all,
I'm moving to Bangkok beginning of July to study cheffing at the Le Cordon Bleu Dusit in Silom. I am Australian opening a bar in Colombia and I want to serve Thai food. So I am moving for 1 year to study Thai Cuisine and the Thai street food culture. I would like to ask this forum for 2 things.
1) is there such thing as student type of accomodation in BKK? Like a bunch of students sharing a house and you rent a room but share the rest. If so where can I find information? If not, where is the best place for me to look for my own place close to good markets, night life, public transport and of course my school. I have a budget of around 5k-10k a month. Of course I'd rather spend less on rent.
The other idea I had was staying with a Thai family? Learning home style food.
2) I want to find a part time job/internship in a highly respected restaurant. Does anybody know someone or is there someone connected here that might be able to assist? I don't care too much about the money, I just want to learn as much as possible while I'm there. so I'm looking for a great chef/restaurant I can learn from. I don't care if I'm cutting carrots. It's about learning the standards and expectations of a high level chef/kitchen. Think of me like an apprentice. And a Thai food chef is preferable but not exclusive.
Thanks guys, I know I'm asking a lot here but I've been doing research and even sending letters of interest to some restaurants but I haven't had any luck. I appreciate you even reading. Thanks again!!

As far as accommodation goes have a look through the places advertised in the housing section located in the green banner at the top of this page. Your budget seems a little low.
With regard to finding work you may have a problem with this visa wise and the fact that expats are banned from many types of work. I take it you are coming on a study visa?
Once you get settled in at work and start networking with others you may be lucky enough to find a part time job.