Vietnamese speaking club

I'm willing to help. I do not have any experience in teaching Vietnamese but I will try my best to contribute to the group. I'm almost free on weekends (Sat and Sun).

Hi all. Enjoyed the meeting on Sunday, will there be another one this week?

As foreigners' need for improving speaking Vietnamese much more, Vietnamese Speaking Club will be held every Sunday evening 6:30-8:30
Place: Highlands coffee
Add: 187 Pham Ngu Lao street, Pham Ngu Lao ward, District 1 ( corner of De Tham and Pham Ngu Lao street, opposite the park 23/9)
If you are a new attendant, pls send me a private message for registering.
Thanks
Jiao

Hi Jiao,

I would like to join now for Vietnamese club.

Thanks,
Cheryl

Hi.

My  name is Rick Hoesch.  I read about your Vietnamese speaking club on Sunday Nights.   I am teaching until 630 p.m.  but would like to attend. 

I have studied Vietnamese but tieng viet kho qua.

This is the Highland coffee on the corner correct?   Let me know if this week there is still a meeting.

Thanks
Rick Hoesch

Chào mọi người!
Minh muon duoc ket ban voi moi nguoi,mong duoc hoc hoi tu nhieu nguoi tren moi mien to quoc va tu cac ban nguoi nuoc ngoai de co them nhieu kien thuc.
Rat vui duoc lam quen voi moi nguoi :D

Chào Rick!
Ban muon hoc tieng Viet?  Toi co the giup ban.chung ta se giup do nhau hoc tieng duoc ko?

Toi co thoi gian vao ngay thu 7 va chu nhat hang tuan. Neu dong Y toi se giup ban hoc tieng Viet.
Thanks nhe!

Hello Everybody, I want to join Vietnamese speaking club  :top:

hi everyone :) would be interested too :) Shall I come as a TOTAL beginner speaking only french & english ? :)

@ nguyenhao_035 > As we do not have a tagalog forum, can you please post in english on this english speaking forum please?

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

hi !
oh sorry!
so , i can support anyone  learn more Vietnamese.
and we will learn toghether.
pls, contact me the email: ***************
or mobile: 0908511405
thanks so much

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Email address removed for your own security

i want to register.
thanks so much

HI,

Im from Singapore, speaking Singlish and i am very interested to join.

Hi ! everybody ! when we can will meet again ! where ?  I know English is very important  for me I want to improve it. Hope can meet and make friend with many person. See you.
Email : ********************

Reason : Email address removed for your own security

hi all, i want to join your club. Can anyone show me how to join please ?

Agree with earlier points........if it's purely to learn/practice Tien Viet then I am in also but if it's a social club to practice English for volunteers then no........

Structure is also important so having volunteers with guidance on teaching adults is very important.

Honghanguyen wrote:

Hi ! everybody ! when we can will meet again ! where ?  I know English is very important  for me I want to improve it. Hope can meet and make friend with many person. See you.
Email : ********************

it's not an English speaking club......this is my biggest fear.

Ottvantor wrote:

Agree with earlier points........if it's purely to learn/practice Tien Viet then I am in also but if it's a social club to practice English for volunteers then no........

Structure is also important so having volunteers with guidance on teaching adults is very important.

Agree with you. But when the volunteers teach you Vietnamese, they nees to explain something in English, maybe they cant explain clearly about something you can help them to do it. So i think that is the way they improve their English.
That is my opinion. My english's poor but when i heard some foreigner friends want to learn Vietnamese im so excited to join the club.

Stanley Lu wrote:
Ottvantor wrote:

Agree with you. But when the volunteers teach you Vietnamese, they nees to explain something in English, maybe they cant explain clearly about something you can help them to do it. So i think that is the way they improve their English.
That is my opinion. My english's poor but when i heard some foreigner friends want to learn Vietnamese im so excited to join the club.

I understand and agree with your point - it's normal to have to explain in English for beginners but it's more about expectations. If the primary expectation is that they will learn English rather than work hard (and have fun) to teach VN then it's the wrong way around. I suspect all will be fine though and there will be a win-win situation. BTW: I am crazy about the VN people.....I love them. They are nearly as friendly as the filipino's who are the nicest people on the planet. :-)

Ottvantor wrote:

I understand and agree with your point - it's normal to have to explain in English for beginners but it's more about expectations. If the primary expectation is that they will learn English rather than work hard (and have fun) to teach VN then it's the wrong way around. I suspect all will be fine though and there will be a win-win situation. BTW: I am crazy about the VN people.....I love them. They are nearly as friendly as the filipino's who are the nicest people on the planet. :-)

I know that some Vietnamese guys will interesting about this club because they can meet foreigners, talk to them, making friend, but they forget about the main reason of this club that makes some peoples misunderstand.
I'm Stanley, nice to meet you.

Dear ! eveybody
Please tell me when do you have free time ? We can will meet ! we can help each other, some one want to learn vietnamese. let's to become friends.

Hí everybody
I will to go  Highland Coffee sunday evening.

Hi Jiao and everybody,

See you all on this Sunday for VNSC. If any Expats wanna to learn Vietnamese or need help to practice Vietnamese please feel free to contact me via PM.
Have a nice weekend!  :)
Cheers!
Cheryl

Ottvantor wrote:

I've been to the club for the last two weeks and the volunteers only spoke English when they were asked to - other than that it was wall-to-wall tiếng Việt, so don't worry!

Luo Yi Chen wrote:
Ottvantor wrote:

I've been to the club for the last two weeks and the volunteers only spoke English when they were asked to - other than that it was wall-to-wall tiếng Việt, so don't worry!

Brilliant.....great to hear. I would be glad to volunteer for the English speaking network group btw. :-)

Hi
I feel so happy coz all last foreign attendants will join Vietnamese Speaking Club this Sunday evening. can't wait to see all of you again. You all have studied very hard, you are really interested in Vietnamese. I love it.
This week we will have more some new friends and I hope they will also like our group.
For those who registered I replied private message for confirmation, come and join with us. See you there.
Thanks & Nice weekend.
Jiao

Hi, I'm in.
Please contact me via email ************. I can handle the topic "visiting doctor" to help foreigners some common medical term in Vietnamese when they need a medical advise in hospital / clinic.

mr.Thanh

Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

As a recently retired IT exec and a former soldier (American) serving in Dau Tieng Vietnam, I would like to refresh my knowledge of the Vietnamese language which I find really challenging. :)

tanakajmt wrote:

As a recently retired IT exec and a former soldier (American) serving in Dau Tieng Vietnam, I would like to refresh my knowledge of the Vietnamese language which I find really challenging. :)

Welcome to Vietnamese Speaking Club. I am an ITer too, hope can help you with some Vietnamese language, but don't want to talk about IT when I teach Vietnamese hehe :D.

@Ottvantor: We only teach Vietnamese, we have many chances to talk English with foreigners already :D! Just want to help people who really want to learn!

Chào Bạn,

Mình muốn tham gia câu lạc bộ của bạn được không?

Hi Jiao.

Can i join your club?

nguyenoanh wrote:

Chào Bạn,

Mình muốn tham gia câu lạc bộ của bạn được không?

Hi, please post in English, because its English forum.
And, please contact to Jiao, to ask about this.
But the first thing, if you can have free time to attend at least 3 times/1 month? We want to have volunteers, but only want someone who can join frequently, to make everything easy for foreigners.

Thanks.

Hi Jiao, my name is Chi and I really want to join your club to help foreigners in Vietnamese. I have never taught Vietnamese before, but I have been a tutor for a thirteen-year-old girls. Therefor, I have a few experience in teaching. How should I do to contact to you and your club? Hope to hear you soon. Thank you.

Hi everyone,

I don't know if that Idea would bubble up, but I personally like it especially because my Vietnamese is horrible and I almost gave up learning it.  My excuses : I'm too busy ,Vietnamese is too complicated for lazy people, and my wife is Vietnamese, so I don't need to master the language . Just don't hanged me up for that - OK!

However, the reason I'm reply in here is that in October we would open a small Coffee Shop and Bistro that would go into an opposite direction - " English Cultural and Language Club ( Lounge) " for local students.  However,   if you guys still keeping up with the Idea, perhaps you can use our Coffee Shop as a meeting place.  We've already secure a villa behind HUTECH - Đại học Công nghệ  in Bình Thạnh,  so once we take over and renovate the house you are welcome to use it as meetplace for the  " Vietnamese speaking club"....Our goal : We would like to turn our Coffee Shop as a  great place for Cultural and  Language Exchange, so learning and practise Vietnamese, would be a only an advantage for that goal.

So , please keep me posted with the outcome of your Club .

Cheers

Ivan

Hi members
I'm missing funny and enjoyable Sunday evenings with you all. We will be back for Vietnamese Speaking Club this Sunday, 16 Aug 2015. See you all !!!
Place: Highlands coffee shop
Add: 187 Pham Ngu Lao street, Pham Ngu Lao ward, District 1 ( corner De Tham and Pham Ngu Lao st.; opposite the park 23/9)
Time: 6:30pm-8:30pm, every Sunday
For new people who want to join this club, pls send  me a private message. I'll reply for register confirmation. Thanks.

i misunderstood.  this group for folks who are currently living in Vietnam.  is there any future consideration or thought for
on-line (hội thoại) conversation with foreigners who are living in the U.S.?

Hi! Jao
thank you for notice ! we meet to sunday 16,august

tanakajmt wrote:

i misunderstood.  this group for folks who are currently living in Vietnam.  is there any future consideration or thought for
on-line (hội thoại) conversation with foreigners who are living in the U.S.?

there are some people on this forum who offer VN lessons over Skype. However, they cannot advertise or share their information in this non-advertising section.