Living in Curitiba City Paraná Brazil

Hi I am  new member here. My name is Marcio and I have been living in Curitiba City for 15y. I am gay and I live by myself. I d like to help foreign native speaker english establishing here in Curitiba  or just visiting here I wil help your way around. If anyone want some help just let me know.

Hi there Marcio and welcome to Expat.com!

I moved your post to the Curitiba forum so that you get acquainted with the other members on the forum.

Thank you for your help.

Bhavna

Thanks Bhavna

Hello I am from Nigeria I would be moving to Curitiba for studies...I have tons of questions to ask..
Firstly, would like to know Job prospects for a foreigner like myself. I would also like to know availability of an affordable decent accommodation.

Last but certainly not the least for now,, how safe is Curitiba ?

Obrigado

Mike,

You would really need to make certain your VITEM-IV Sudent Visa permits work, and then it would probably only allow a maximum of 20 hours per week.

Other than that finding any kind of work for expats is difficult, since the law here requires all employers to prove to the Ministry of Labor that they've exhausted all efforts to put a qualified Brazilian into any job vacancy before they can fill it with an expat.

Really, about the only work that's easy to get is teaching English, Spanish, French or German at a (commercial) language school and they pay near-slave wages, no benefits, no class prep time, etc.

Cheers,
James   Expat-blog Experts Team

Hi Mikebassey Im glad hear about your intention to study here in Curitiba. To foreign people here is kind dificult to find a job at first because the language but it is not impossible. Curitiba is a good city if you want to study. Some graduation are free some are paid. How safe is Curitiba? Id say in a scale of 1to10 Id say 6

Hello,
Which area curitiba is good for living family environment, cheaper house rent and better for opening cellphone and laptop repairing shop.
Could anyone help me to get information?