Important - Is it necessary to obtain a document from DSWD for minor?

Important Question Related with Going out from Country Hello;

My friend, she wants to go morocco with a tourist visa with her daughter. She and her husband are having an annulment right now. Does she need a signature from father of her daughter to leave philippines?

She told me that she needs a paper from DSWD - Department of social welfare development. As per this paper, the father should sign and approve the daughter can leave country with mother.

Daughter is 3 years old now.

Is there anyone who can clarify this issue ?

Thank you for your help.

Yes still need the signatory of the father.That's the law in the Philippines. You can't just pack then go.

How about that?

Who does not need a DSWD Travel Clearance to leave the Philippines?

◦A Filipino minor traveling with either parent, with his or her solo parent or legal guardian;
◦A Filipino minor whose parents are in the Foreign Service
◦A Filipino minor who holds a temporary or permanent resident visa of another country and is rejoining the parents in that country
◦A child holding a foreign passport

http://www.philippineconsulate.com.au/d … ldren.html

WHAT ABOUT THOSE CHILDREN WHOSE PARENTS HAVE MARITAL CONFLICT AND ARE ON HOLD ORDER?

A minor who is the subject of ongoing custody battle between parents will not be issued a travel clearance unless a Court Order is issued to allow the child to travel abroad with either one of his/her parents or authorized guardian.
The family shall be responsible to notify the Bureau of Immigration to include the name of the child/ren in the watchlist of minors travelling abroad.
It is therefore the Bureau of Immigration's responsibility to ensure that no child under the watchlist order leaves the country. - See more at: http://www.fo4b.dswd.gov.ph/faqs/travel … or-minors/

So:  If the other parent wants to stop the child leaving, they can, and nothing may be known until they arrive at the airport and are stopped.

Another website states this:

4.      What is a Parental Travel Permit?
A Parental Travel Permit is a document issued by the DSWD to a minor traveling abroad accompanied only by one parent or persons exercising parental authority.

5.      When would a Parental Travel Permit be needed?
When a minor is traveling with only one of his/her parents, the parent who is left behind shall execute a duly notarized Parental Travel Permit, certifying that he/she is allowing the minor to travel with his/her spouse.

The bottom line is what the Immigration person at the Airport decides....

In our case, there is no battle in court regarding minor s custidy. But as you said, it may depend on the person in immigration.

I do not understand why there is a conflict in regulations. It is clearly stated in philippines embassy websites.

Anyway, nothing can be done.

Thanks.

Arthas wrote:

I do not understand why there is a conflict in regulations. It is clearly stated in philippines embassy websites.

The answer I suppose, is that this is the Philippines ;)

There are many cases of conflict in regulations here.

Best to plan for the worst, and hope for the best.