Medical exam for employment visa

Hello everyone
I am trying to negotiate the paperwork required for the employment visa, and I need some advice.  The medical examination appears outdated and onerous.  How detailed does it have to be? Unfortunately, no one at the Saudi Embassy in Washington would even answer the phone.  Thanks in advance for your help.

I just did the medical in Sydney and the paperwork is dated and onerous so there was nothing I could do. There are alot of tests that are irrelevant. Luckily my doctor is understanding so for things like maleria, which we do not have in Australia, he wrote not applicable instead of getting me to do a screening. I think the key is to have a good doctor who uses common sense to assess you on what is relevant.

Good Luck!

The norm is that there are dedicated medical centers approved by the Saudi Embassy who are authorized to carry out the tests and provide the reports required for the visa. They should know the requirements up front]

Musicman, that is not the case in Australia.

I have some Australians working with me, I'll ask tomorrow.

Now, where are my memory pills.:/

bhills2153 wrote:

Musicman, that is not the case in Australia.

Is that cos they are backward or something else?

Thank you all for your very prompt replies.  I will keep trying the telephone number of the Saudi Embassy here (Washington, DC).  Thanks again.  You guys are awesome!!

Go to the DC Embassy's website, click on the Medical form.  It's a PDF, download and print it.

http://saudiembassy.net/files/PDF/MedicalReport.pdf

Everything on that form is what they want.  Everything.  If you have any questions about that, contact your employer.

Unlike some developing countries, in which only Saudi approved hospitals are considered valid, in the USA any licensed hospital, medical clinic or doctor can complete the physical.  Make sure it gets stamped by them.

3 copies, all originals with your pic attached to each.

I just completed my paperwork and medical screening and the one thing I learned out of all of it was:  Make sure you have three copies, make sure everything on the form is filled out, make sure you sign (originally) all three, put photos on all three, make sure the doctor does not omit any of the checked boxes and keep copies of everything for yourself.   Good luck.

jswwjw wrote:

I just completed my paperwork and medical screening and the one thing I learned out of all of it was:  Make sure you have three copies, make sure everything on the form is filled out, make sure you sign (originally) all three, put photos on all three, make sure the doctor does not omit any of the checked boxes and keep copies of everything for yourself.   Good luck.

I did all that and my paperwork was held up for about a week because the Saudi embassy kept insisting that my doctor "rubber stamp" the medical forms (they are crazy for rubber stamps in Saudi lol) with a stamp that contained his name, address and medical license number (this despite the fact that I'd sent them copies of his licensure downloaded from the state medical licensing board!).

Now, my doctor didn't have such a stamp (who does these days?).  So we went back and forth a few times a couple times with the embassy and they finally settled for several of his business cards. 

SO.. word of advice: might not be a bad idea to include business cards if your doctor doesn't have a rubber stamp! :lol:

The reason why trees do not grow abundantly in the desert is a punishment from God because the Bedouins have scant respect for paper, sadly

Hi Alliecat

Including my USA PCP's business cards Washington ABSOLUTELY spot on, since she doesn't  have a "rubber stamp".... Saved soooo much back and forth!

Great tip! Thx

Glad it helped you :top: 

What American business uses rubber stamps these days?!?  I tried to point out that a rubber stamp means nothing--I could have one made for $20--but the embassy didn't want to hear it.  Instead, they accepted business cards that could have been printed for $10 LOL).  WTFE! :D

Hi Alliecat

Girl, can't imagine the expression on my doctor's  face!

Thx again!!!

Hi, Anybody has undergone Medical test for Saudi Visa in Sydney or Melbourne? Any approved clinic is required? The medical form doesn't specify any such things, but to get  counter stamp from the medical board to confirm the doctors registration is valid. Any help would be highly appreciated

Hi, I am after the same thing, have you had any replies. I am currently in Saudi but will need to travel to Australia to get the Iqama process. Through which agency are you doing all the paperwork?