Apply for a work permit

HI Don
seems you know what the laws are like in Thailand, I hope you don't mind if i ask you some questions..
1.After i get married and get the Non-O ( marriage Visa ) how do i apply for a work permit ??wont i be required to have a company or just because of marriage to Thai citizen i can apply for a job or do business ???
2.I am interested in doing business so what should be thing way for me after the Marriage Visa.
Would appreciate all the help.
Thanx
Tarun

tarunahluwalia wrote:

HI Don
seems you know what the laws are like in Thailand, I hope you don't mind if i ask you some questions..
1.After i get married and get the Non-O ( marriage Visa ) how do i apply for a work permit ??wont i be required to have a company or just because of marriage to Thai citizen i can apply for a job or do business ???
2.I am interested in doing business so what should be thing way for me after the Marriage Visa.
Would appreciate all the help.
Thanx
Tarun

Hi Tarun

Thanks for the compliment.
I am no expert but I know a little about Thai Visa and Thai laws.
Unfortunately I have never worked here so I am not a lot of help on the subject of work permits.

However I know that they are obtained from the local branch of the Ministry of Labour and that to get one you must be in Thailand on a non Immigrant visa or extension of stay, in your case marriage to a Thai is OK.
This link lists all the jobs that you cannot do, but if you scroll down the page it has lots of information on work permits and businesses.

Hope that's useful.

Regards

Mike

Thanx
but you did not answer
Do i still need a work permit after i get a Non O Visa??
Thai laws are sometimes complicated.

tarunahluwalia wrote:

Thanx
but you did not answer
Do i still need a work permit after i get a Non O Visa??
Thai laws are sometimes complicated.

If you are going to work yes. It clearly outlines everything on the link I sent you.
It also explains about running a business.

Hi Tarun,

A new topic as from your post on the Thailand forum for a bette visibility on the forum.