I am new and assistance with this Blog

Can someone please lend me a hand ?  I wish to belong to this blog site and all I ever get so far is an emial showing me other new members. I have already signed up but don't know where to go and post info about myself, pictures, etc.
Where do I go from here and what must I do next PLEASE?

Roberto
Quebec, Canada

You might want to read the threads on here about subjects which interest you and ask questions to give you a better understanding of what it takes to retire in Ecuador.  Where do you want to live?  Can you speak or are you willing to learn Spanish?  You need to do research on your own, ask questions on here.
Good Luck.

Rolllingstone wrote:

Can someone please lend me a hand ?  I wish to belong to this blog site and all I ever get so far is an emial showing me other new members. I have already signed up but don't know where to go and post info about myself, pictures, etc.
Where do I go from here and what must I do next PLEASE?

Where you go and what you do is up to you.  This forum is like a lot of other forums on the 'net.  For starters using your browser go to the top menu/toolbar and click on the icons to see what each is, or click on the word titles to go to that section.  Enter a term to search for in the box with the magnifying glass.  You can click on words that appear in blue to go to that section of the forum.

You've already obviously figured out how to post info about yourself as your picture and some info appears next to your post.  It's not really clear what you want - please be specific and I'm sure someone can help.

It's not hard, it's like the clueless Larry King asked about the internet:  "What, do you punch little buttons and things?"

Yes, Larry.

Rolllingstone wrote:

I have already signed up but don't know where to go and post info about myself, pictures, etc.
Where do I go from here and what must I do next?

Your confusion is perplexing since you have already posted successfully four times, including launching this thread.

So, Roberto, I will take your post literally and respond as follows....

1.  When you log onto this site, you will typically arrive at a welcome page or forum page that lists recent activity on the forum.  Find any listing that says someone has posted on a specific topic and click on that topic to take you to relevant posts.

2. Alternately, you may enter a topic of interest to you in the Search Expat.com box at the top of this page, and click on the search icon to the right of the box to navigate toward posts about that topic.

3. If the above is not sufficient, type Ecuador forum into the Search Expat.com box.  This will take you to a page where you can scroll down to the word Forum.  Click on that.

I realize that these strategies do not teach you how to post photos.  But you have to start somewhere.

cccmedia in Quito

The shades suggest he might be blind.

Actually the shades hide his true identity, maybe. I was blind once a long time ago, but a long time ago I became a Christian, and ever since then I see. But all this aside, I wish to retire in Ecuator near the beaches, Playas. I speak English, French and a little Spanish, but learning as we speak. I appreciate the culture of the people in Ecuator and we are willing to assimilate. I just need to chat on line with Ex pats who retired there from Canada and or US, and hear their story. We are looking for a quiet community by the sea, with good medical not too far away, reasonable rent, shopping not too far, etc.,   
Roberto

Welcome, Roberto. I can't help you out with beach info, since I prefer the mountains (Quito, specifically). But there are plenty of people here with broader knowledge than mine. Improving your Spanish is a great first step.

Best wishes,
Bob

PS: The country's name is spelled with a 'd': Ecuador.

Rolllingstone wrote:

Actually the shades hide his true identity, maybe. I was blind once a long time ago, but a long time ago I became a Christian, and ever since then I see. But all this aside, I wish to retire in Ecuator near the beaches, Playas. I speak English, French and a little Spanish, but learning as we speak. I appreciate the culture of the people in Ecuator and we are willing to assimilate. I just need to chat on line with Ex pats who retired there from Canada and or US, and hear their story. We are looking for a quiet community by the sea, with good medical not too far away, reasonable rent, shopping not too far, etc.,   
Roberto

My bad. 

Try Punta Carnero.  It is close to Salinas and all the amenities but still quiet.  Navigate up and down through the attachment to learn more on all the coastal communities from Playas north to the Colombian border.

http://ecuadorbeaches.org/beaches/santa … ero-beach/