Marriage Residency Applying

Hey

A short question just wondering if any one can help me out on this..As most of the old members they  do know that I got married here in Egypt. Now my wife wants me to apply for the Permanent residency. here are the questions

1. Do I need to goto MOGHAMA Tehrir or  Ministry of Investment Salah Salem Road

2. What are the documents required other then the marriage papers

I would appreciate if someone could reply me quickly this ..

Thanks in advance

I remember going to Tahrir Square to get my residence visa last August, but my husband dealt with all the paperwork, which was substantial.

hey ..thanks for the reply . I would really appreciate if you could get me more details from him about the paper work required ...this will really save me big time

hello, i was searching for u and i found this beneficial article , but i don't know if there is "permanent" residency or not
i hope it can be useful for you

Residence in Egypt for Foreign Nationals

Egypt grants legitimate rights for temporary residence to foreign nationals. There are 2 types of residence permits in Egypt. These include Special Residence and Ordinary Residence.

Special Residence – This is usually granted for a period of 10 years and can be renewed after the date of validity. Special residence is granted for those people born or currently living in Egypt.

Ordinary Residence – This is issued with a 3 or 5-year validity to foreign nationals.
3-Year Residence

Non-Egyptian nationals are entitled to obtain a temporary 3-year residence permit in the country. They can renew the permit after its validity. The list below is a detailed information of foreign nationals classified under the temporary 3-year residence.

1.    Foreign nationals employed by the public institutions, government, public business sector, and the public company sector.
2.    Non-Egyptian nationals receiving monthly pension from the National Authority for pensions and insurances.
3.    Palestinians employed by the department for the Governor General of Gaza and retired citizens of Egypt.
4.    Spouses of non-Egyptian nationals entitled to an ordinary or special residence.
5.    Non-Egyptian nationals employed by the Swiss institute for archeological and architectural research in Egypt.
6.    Foreign nationals with approval of a 3-year residence permit from the Ministry of Interior and Local Government.
7.    Palestinians residing in Egypt for more than 10 years and in possession of travel documents issued by Egyptian authorities.
5-Year Residence

Non-Egyptian nationals are entitled to obtain a temporary 5-year residence permit.  Non-Egyptian nationals belonging to the categories listed below are entitled to a 5-year residence permit.

1. Spouses of the non-nationals entitled with an ordinary residence.
2. Adult children with mothers entitled to ordinary, special, or 5-year residence.
3. Spouses and widows of Egyptian nationals.
4. Individuals below sixty years and above residing in Egypt for 10 years.
5. Individuals with mothers and fathers granted Egyptian citizenship.

hope u can get maximum benefits

alimirza wrote:

hey ..thanks for the reply . I would really appreciate if you could get me more details from him about the paper work required ...this will really save me big time

Well, from what we remember, the list included:

-both our passports,
-his Egyptian national ID card,
-his birth certificate,
-his father's birth certificate,
-marriage certificate (in Arabic)

I'm probably missing something and you have to bea

Thanks Alooooooooooooooooooooooooooot, I really owe you big time , i was only missing the birth certificate ..will be going on comming thrusday ..will update the requirement here later as well

you're welcome! :D

I would make two copy's of every document you have which is related to your marriage and from either government.And take them all with you, just in case, as they can and will often ask to see something to help verify the truth and your status.

if you have a business "here registered by your name" you may want to take that file along with you again make sure you have copy's of all the documents. they need to see all the original forms.you should try to get them to take the copies you made or you may need to get some new documents.

and don't be upset if they don't issue you a long term visa to start with my first one was for only six months then a year when they issued the most recent one the told me i could apply for a longer term one when i bring a registered property deed next time.

our children were already granted long term visa's and the Egyptian nationality based on their mother's status as a national.

good luck

And Dont be suprised if they take your passport for a few days :S I hope all went well! :D

Eypicanmeraty wrote:

And Dont be suprised if they take your passport for a few days :S I hope all went well! :D

Hey Eypicanmeraty ..its been long time

Well I well went to ministry of Investment and everything went fine ..this is what I did

1. Two copies of marriage paper
2. Two copies of initial pages of passport
3. Two copies of the visa stickers
4. Take at-least 4 photographs of yourself and your wife just in case
5. Fill the form which is available there and put a govt. stamp for around 6 LE on it
6. Submit the papers along with your passport

Thats it and they agreed to give me 1 year residency which renewable

Got a question ..Since I have a wife here what is the government policy to give the nationality as I want to get rid of stupid visa renewal process with non English spoken hectic process

alimirza wrote:
Eypicanmeraty wrote:

Hey Eypicanmeraty ..its been long time

Well I well went to ministry of Investment and everything went fine ..this is what I did

1. Two copies of marriage paper
2. Two copies of initial pages of passport
3. Two copies of the visa stickers
4. Take at-least 4 photographs of yourself and your wife just in case
5. Fill the form which is available there and put a govt. stamp for around 6 LE on it
6. Submit the papers along with your passport

Thats it and they agreed to give me 1 year residency which renewable

Got a question ..Since I have a wife here what is the government policy to give the nationality as I want to get rid of stupid visa renewal process with non English spoken hectic process

Hi Alimirza!

Glad to hear everything went to plan.

re nationality, they actually offered the application to me when we were at Tahrir Sq applying for the visa, although I never took it up. But from what I know that is the place to apply for the passport too.

Friend of mine says it took over 2 years once the application was submitted to receive the Egyptian passport, so I guess you can try and apply next year when your 1 year visa expires :)

Regards

What I know is that a man can't apply for Egyptian nationality.

Well recently I heard the same that they  only give renewable  residency but not nationality ..

Can anyone confirm me on this ?

Assalamalaykum.. I am Filipina and my husband in Egyptian and we are both currently staying and working in UAE. I resigned from my work and my company will cancel me. Next month I will be travelling to Egypt. My question is do I need to obtain visa from Egypt consulate in UAE or I can travel without visa

Thank you for your advance help

-Farah

Assalamalaykum.. I am Filipina and my husband in Egyptian and we are both currently staying and working in UAE. I resigned from my work and my company will cancel me. Next month I will be travelling to Egypt. My question is do I need to obtain visa from Egypt consulate in UAE or I can travel without visa

Thank you for your advance help

-Farah