Is 15000 AED per month a decent package to accept?

Hello everyone,

I have been approached for jobs from Abu Dhabi and Dubai. The package that they've been offering ranges between 14-15 K AED per month. While browsing through the internet, I have learnt that the rents are quite high and I can not decide whether to accept the package offered or not.

Can you please help me with some  information about basic expenditure for accomodation, food etc?

I will be living alone to a one bedroom/ studio would be good. But I would how much would a two bdroom apartment cost? I don't mind spending 45 mins travelling one way to work! Also, how is the transportation system? Or is it better to lease a car?

Is this salary package enough for a decent life with some savings as well?

Hi Seeker89,

Welcome to Expat.com! ;)

To have an idea, i would invite you to view other topics about the cost of living in Abu Dhabi forum.

Hi and welcome to the forum! It really depends on the type of lifestyle you are used to in your current location. 15,000 is a bit of money but like you said good housing is expensive. Are you being offered any allowances?

No additional allowances. Flat 15000 AED pm. So this means I would have to take care of accomodation, transport, etc on my own.

What are you making now? Only you can decide the opportunity cost of moving down there from your present location. Also, it is much easier to get a job in the UAE when you are located there, so consider the opportunities that are ahead of you once you are physically located in the UAE.