Expat blog HCM June Gathering on Sunday 14th June 2015

Hello Everyone.June is going to be exciting with two event. Our charity event and the gathering as below:
Please come to support us:

Date: 14/06/2015 Sunday
                Venue: Highland Coffee
                            181 Ham Nghi, P HguyenThai Binh, District 1   (opposite Ben Thanh market)
                    Time: 4.pm-6.30pm (come anytime) Please take note of time

For Newbie:
When you reached Ben Thanh Market , the Highland cafe is at the opposite across  the big roundabout..
Please go upstairs and look for "Expat.com" sign
Order your beverage and pay at the counter.

We will move elsewhere for dinner together if you would like to join us.
Those with motorbike,please bring extra helmet.

We will have our charity event on 28th June 2015  More information and discussion during gathering.
We need all your support. Thank you

Hope to see you all soon.
Cheers,
Richard

Note:Reminder from TEAM: Network / meet ups for dating or commercial purposes are strictly forbidden.
The organizer has the rights to prevent any person with bad attitude or intentions from attending.

Hi Richard,

I missed the April and May gathering due to my hectic schedule. I will surely attend the June 14 gathering, I am very much interested in doing some charity works.

Thank you for the update

Rona

Rona Fe wrote:

Hi Richard,

I missed the April and May gathering due to my hectic schedule. I will surely attend the June 14 gathering, I am very much interested in doing some charity works.

Thank you for the update

Rona

Hi. ..,yeah.....We missed you the last time..hihi.. The charity event will be memorable and meaningful. We even have a tour to interesting place for all after the event . It's going to be great! See you

I am looking forward of seeing you all😊😊😊

Rona

Dear Richard,

My family would like to join. Please let me know how to register?

Thanks!
Hellen

Hellen Thao Vy wrote:

Dear Richard,

My family would like to join. Please let me know how to register?

Thanks!
Hellen

Hi Helen,
Join which one? Just come for monthly gathering.  Pm me if you need more info for the charity event. ^^
Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your information. I will come to meet all you there on June 14 and i would like to join for the charity event on June 28  :) .

Cheers,

Cheryl

what charity, thsi is the first time i will be in this event, hope to see guys there

Selenale wrote:

what charity, thsi is the first time i will be in this event, hope to see guys there

Hi, many has been asking me about the charity event. Here are some info:

1. Charity Venue    :  Tranh Trieu Primary School, Thanh Trieu Village,
                                    Chau Thanh District, Ben Tre Province
2. Date            : 28 June 2015
3. Transportation    : by bus (30 seats)
4. Charity Activity:
-Provide gifts to poor & disabled children: there are total 3 primary schools in the village (a list of poor children to be provided by the school minister soon) with about 22 disabled children, total around 150: giving them educational material (backpack, notebook, stationaries, hat, slippers…)
- Provide foods  to poor families (a list of poor families – especially elderly people will be provided by the head of people's committee – estimated about 150 families): we will provide them rice, instant noodles, sugar, cooking oil, fish sauce…etc
- Doctors will be providing free health screening and medicines
- Organize some games for children and interactions.
- Tour  activities for Expat members at places of interests after the function
ONE DAY TRIP 6AM TO 6PM.
Some of us are going to the venue this Sunday to evaluate and visit the poor families
we need all support and we will make this a memorable and meaningful event for all

How do I join?

Hi! What kind of support do you need?
- Doctors?
- Medicine?
- Games?
- Volunteers as facilitators? Tour guides for Ben Tre or along the trip?
- or else?
I'll try to see what I can do.

Hi,

One slot in gathering event for me, pls.

The charity event seems interesting, I will decide later if time allows me.

Thanks,

Mickeymousela wrote:

How do I join?

Hi,
Just come to our gathering.  We will be there to give you more info. Hope to see you

Scarletvn wrote:

- Doctors?
- Medicine?
- Games?
- or else?

Hi,
YES! ALL OF HE ABOVE! you seems to know what we need. We are arranging everything now and it would be great if you can give us some ideas and suggestions.
Hope to see you soon.

wildnfree wrote:

Hi,

One slot in gathering event for me, pls.

The charity event seems interesting, I will decide later if time allows me.

Thanks,

Sure, there will always be a slot for each and everyone. See you

Richard Loo wrote:
Scarletvn wrote:

- Doctors?
- Medicine?
- Games?
- or else?

Hi,
YES! ALL OF HE ABOVE! you seems to know what we need. We are arranging everything now and it would be great if you can give us some ideas and suggestions.
Hope to see you soon.

Find us in Fb

https://m.facebook.com/pages/Expat-Blog … 8535507055

I think we should meet or at least contact via phone or skype.

Scarletvn wrote:

I think we should meet or at least contact via phone or skype.

Hi,
YES we will. Thank you for your kind support .See you

I'd love to join you guys :)

Venice Van wrote:

I'd love to join you guys :)

Great. Hope to see you soon.

Hi! My boyfriend and I work until 5pm on Sunday's in Tan Binh district but we would love to join you for a coffee afterwards! It takes some time during these hours to get to district 1 though, as I'm sure you're aware. Is it worth it if we still come? Interested in meeting new friends and particularly interested in volunteer work. Thanks, Carla.

Cpearce1988 wrote:

Hi! My boyfriend and I work until 5pm on Sunday's in Tan Binh district but we would love to join you for a coffee afterwards! It takes some time during these hours to get to district 1 though, as I'm sure you're aware. Is it worth it if we still come? Interested in meeting new friends and particularly interested in volunteer work. Thanks, Carla.

Hi,
We will all go for dinner and a drink later on. I'm pleased you are interested in the charity work. We just came back from evaluating the situation there. And we are sure everyone  will be satisfied with our arrangements.  There will be a sort tour to the island after the event for us to relax.. We will post a new thread for the charity work. And show everyone how bad some families are. Hope to see you . Will pm you my contact.

Hello Richard,
Cant wait to see everyone on June 14th at Highland coffee.
Cheers,

minhtt90 wrote:

Hello Richard,
Cant wait to see everyone on June 14th at Highland coffee.
Cheers,

welcome. Hope to see you soonl

I would like to help with the charity and offer my photographic services. I am a professional photographer from the USA. I will be at the sunday meeting thanks

mikebrown wrote:

I would like to help with the charity and offer my photographic services. I am a professional photographer from the USA. I will be at the sunday meeting thanks

Wow, it would great to have you as our photographer. We would discuss more on Sunday.  See you

Unfortunately I will be in Kontum area on the 14th.  Would have loved to be there to meet up with everyone.

traveler69 wrote:

Unfortunately I will be in Kontum area on the 14th.  Would have loved to be there to meet up with everyone.

No worries. See if you can join us next month. See you

Hi I'd love to join you guys. See you at June 14th!^^

Man I just read the charity event starts at 6 am omg! I have to get up before noon? Lol

TRAN Mai wrote:

Hi I'd love to join you guys. See you at June 14th!^^

We will be glad to have you . Please proceed upstairs and you will see long tables with Expat.com sign . See you

mikebrown wrote:

Man I just read the charity event starts at 6 am omg! I have to get up before noon? Lol

Charity event will be meaningfull. .....We will have lots of fun too. ..do it for the poor families  ^^    . Thanks Mike. We will update you this Sunday. See you

Hi! Do you have anyone Russian or Ukrainian speaking on this meeting?

mshandak wrote:

Hi! Do you have anyone Russian or Ukrainian speaking on this meeting?

Yes.  But I'm not sure if she coming . We just have discussion as she is  helping us in the charity event last night. I would not know who will come but I can intro to you..
See you

mikebrown wrote:

You can sleep on bus for 2 hours go and another 2 hours back, Mike, lol.

Anyone familiar with events like this in Danang City ?
or certain club activities ( non drinker , non smoker ) --
or a neutral gathering place for expats beside the famous
TiPi Coffee Shop ?

Hi guy.

I wonder: Do you need some clothes for children. If you want, i can give you some clothes.

Many thanks.

Helen02 wrote:

Hi guy.

I wonder: Do you need some clothes for children. If you want, i can give you some clothes.

Many thanks.

Thanks for your kind thoughts. We actually are not excepting old clothes as we have no time to sort it n a place to store. But if u are following us that day...you can bring along and give to who you want. Hope to see you today. Thank you again

Thank you for all who respond to our gathering and charity event. A small team has been working hard to make the event successful. We are just volunteers and we hope more will come forward to help in any way. More info will be given today and a new thread will be out soon. We will have a small group of gathering from time to time until the event day.
Thank you for your kind heart.
" Together....We make a difference "

Hi Guy,

I'm newbie, I love to have new friends. However, today I'll come late.