Salary Offer

Hello friends

I have got an offer from an Muscat based company as a senior planning engineer. i have about 12 years experience in the field half of which is in India and the rest overseas.
They have offered 1BHK furnished apartment+car+LTA for family after 2 years+700 OMR.
I have my wife,1.5 year old kid and my mother to take with me to Muscat and support.

Please advise if this is a good salary. I already feel this is on a lower side. I was expecting to save about 800 OMR with a decent living.

thank you in advance for your advice.

zachs wrote:

Hello friends

I have got an offer from an Muscat based company as a senior planning engineer. i have about 12 years experience in the field half of which is in India and the rest overseas.
They have offered 1BHK furnished apartment+car+LTA for family after 2 years+700 OMR.
I have my wife,1.5 year old kid and my mother to take with me to Muscat and support.

Please advise if this is a good salary. I already feel this is on a lower side. I was expecting to save about 800 OMR with a decent living.

Zachs, you deserve more than this.Read through the numerous posts on cost of living, nah you should bargain for more

zachs wrote:

Hello friends

Im urging to the people abroad these days, to negotiate on the packages, especially in engineering. The employers are literally ruining the technical engineering market and destroying it by offering extremely less to the new comers, just because they're not aware of the Oman market.

Oman is an expensive country to live in, the COL is relatively very high in Muscat.
With an experience of 12 year in engineering, the offered salary is way too less (Though survivable). Just for your information and to add my comments here, the general package of planning engineers (with 10+ years of experience) in various sectors are as follows (Nearby or equivalent)

Oil and Gas : OMR 2500 - OMR 3000 with all facilities + housing.
Construction: OMR - 2000 plus housing and facilities.
IT: OMR 1500 - 2000 plus housing and facilities
Others (General Contracting): OMR 1000 plus housing and facilities

Please note that the above packages are limited to "Planning engineers" and the family joining visas are granted along with the hiring.

Your package is equivalent to a package of a person whose experience is around 5 - 6 years.

In the end, the choice is always yours to decide.

Regards,

Thank you very much for the replies.

Regards

Good Information Schaz!!! :)