Leaving Qatar

Hi,

A friend of mine planning to leave Qatar and wanted to know what are the formalities for cancelling the Resident Permit and getting your final exit permit.

It would be great if anyone of you could shed some light on the same.

Thank you in advance.

If you are an expat living in Qatar with a Residence Permit and are leaving for good, you will need to cancel your residency status, close all your accounts (bank and credit cards) and pay off fines or debts. Failure to do so could delay your departure or mean you are marked on the immigration system as an absconder or debtor.

You can apply to the Ministry of Interior for a Certificate of Good Conduct. For further information visit the MOI granting Good Conduct

Hi Wilson,

Do people need a Certificate of Good Conduct to leave the country?

Please confirm.

Sorry i forgot to mention Certificate of Good Conduct is under employment working in qatar to obtain from MOI.  Certificate of Good Conduct in future it wont affect if you plan to re locate again.

umairbz wrote:

Hi Wilson,

Do people need a Certificate of Good Conduct to leave the country?

Please confirm.

Hi Wilson,

Thank you for writing back.

I dont think I understand. In order to get an exit permit to leave the country for good, do all expats need a Certificate of Good Character from MOI?

Do let me know.

Thank you.

In other term Obtain NOC from the Employer before leaving qatar so you can re plan in future, for the Certificate of Good Character from MOI it is like Police Clearance Certificate which can be availed while working in qatar up on request from the Employer.

umairbz wrote:

Hi Wilson,

Thank you for writing back.

I dont think I understand. In order to get an exit permit to leave the country for good, do all expats need a Certificate of Good Character from MOI?

Do let me know.

Thank you.

Hi
You dont need the certificate from the ministry to leave the country. Your employer will cancel your visa and issue the final exit permit.
Some companies will ask for a clearance letter from your bank stating there is no loan or credit card dues.
If the family is under your sponsorship then you will have to take their passport to immigration and cancel your visa.
If your relation with the company si good and there are no dues or fines then whole process is very simple and takes only a few days.

You all have missed one important thing, if you leave Qatar as final departure, there should be no traffic violations against your name and no vehicle is registered in your name. If you have any vehicle in your name, sell and transfer it or transfer to your reliable friend's name who can sell it later. Second thing if you wish to continue your bank a/c, you can do this. there is no need to close Bank A/C, only ask bank to check there should be no liability, you can ask bank to issue "No Liability Certificate" as well.
Regards,

Hi, i am already resigned from my company last OCT 5, 2015 but until now they didn't cancel my visa nor giving me an exit permit, i already communicating with the HR Dept. regarding on this last oct 25 and according to them i have to wait till the end of oct because there was an audit going on by that time.
Last nov 9 i dropped an email again to HR and they replied that they will respond again shortly but until now theres is no reply from them, i'm always dropping an email to them every other day for follow up but no reply.
Is there any legal action i can do regarding on this matter? i am already running out of money for my daily needs thats why i have to go as soon as possible
Thanks

I dont know Bryan. I have already left Qatar safely. Thank God for that. Maybe some other people on the group can help you.

Yes you can contact Ministry of Labor in qatar and submit a complaint

Thanks i hope these would help