Finding work in Malta

Hi Everyone,
         Me and my partner are moving to Malta in December. I have been looking online and find different answers on every website. I was wondering how hard it is to find work. Neither of us have any relevant qualifications for employment. We would just be looking for basic entry level jobs. We are aware that these wouldn't pay much but we are not moving to Malta to get rich we are moving for the lifestyle. We both have work experience in customer service both face-to-face and call center jobs. I also have experience in I.T. and Admin work at a managerial level.

We will have savings for 6-8 months but will hope to find jobs quicker than this and keep money saved.

So how hard would it be to find jobs that pay about 800e per month after tax?

Thanks for any help.

Are you both eu citizens because you'll find entry level jobs easily just expect to work long hours

Hi thanks for the reply.

We are both EU citezens.

When you say long hours what are we talking? We are both hard workers, but we wouldn't want to be working all day, everyday. I wouldn't really want to work more than 40-45 hours a week

Adamazin wrote:

Hi thanks for the reply.

We are both EU citezens.

When you say long hours what are we talking? We are both hard workers, but we wouldn't want to be working all day, everyday. I wouldn't really want to work more than 40-45 hours a week

Well most of the basic level jobs tend to be part-time(bar work , waiting on , storework,cleaner etc) so you will most likely do 2-3 jobs to make money
if both of you are working then it may not be as bad.
depends on the type of work your looking for , there are call centre jobs  and you may get it work in the igaming section these may be full time jobs and will pay slightly more

i saw a call centre job that was paying a yearly salary of 14k euros but a lot of call centres here want those who can speak more than one language

If you are an english only speaker, have you tried HSBC. They have their UK call centre in Malta and this specific role only requires English although you have to be willing to do customer service and probably a lot of angry people as no one rings a bank to say hi :)