Where to purchase blank CD-Rs or CD-RWs in Rio de Janeiro

Hello to All:  My name is James and I just joined this blog.  Can anyone advise me as to specific stores in Rio where one can purchase blank Sony CDs (CD-R or CD-RW) for recording music.  A friend who lives outside of Rio tells me that he can never find them there.  Many thanks!!

Hi James! Welcome on Expat-blog! :) Did you try to search on google? I have found this:  Botafogo Praia Shopping in Rio de Janeiro. Maybe you can find there.

Good luck
Christine

Thank you Christine!  Do you know a specific store in Botafogo where these can be purchased?  My friend lives in Duque de Caixas and says that he can't find them anywhere in Rio.

Click on this link, you will find details of Botafogo Praia Shopping in Rio de Janeiro. Your friend can go there and check.

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=e … 386c77b788

Good luck.

Every thinh that exist, you can find down town, in the Saara. Go there during the week or saturday morning, after that it is closed. It'a also a great way to discover an other Rio.[Moderated: Offtopic]

Any Caçula store has what you want.

cacula.com/enderecosRioDeJaneiro.aspx

You can find bank CDs at Extra, Carrefour, Sams, Walmart, supermarket chains. Also if your friend is in Barra da Tijuca area there is a place called InfoBarra that you can find anything electronic as well as computer tech services.

Good Luck

Ricardo

DCJames wrote:

Hello to All:  My name is James and I just joined this blog.  Can anyone advise me as to specific stores in Rio where one can purchase blank Sony CDs (CD-R or CD-RW) for recording music.  A friend who lives outside of Rio tells me that he can never find them there.  Many thanks!!

yeah, any walmart or carrefour type store, or even junk stores that sell EVERYTHING and are family owned. many places that offer zerox services (and junk) also sell blank CDs which are referred to as virgin CDs.