Specific clubs / groups / activities

Hi All

I'm moving to Doha soon and it seems really difficult to find clear info about what there actually is to do!  Some people rave about the social life and others make it seem quite dire.  What do you expats do on weekends / evenings?  E.g. is there a yoga class / a photography club / an 'imported expensive beer appreciation society' / a movie buffs group... those sorts of things?!

There is a lot of activities to do and it depends on what are your specific needs. For me, i used to hangout with my camera as there is no photography community so far.

Good luck on coming here
I believe you can do some of that stuff here but it is not quite as normal as it is outside
you can have a yoga class , swimming and any other classes you like
it all depends on your friends here ... if you have a nice group of friends then it will be nice but other than that it can be a bit boring

Any way good luck !!

Please don't come. don't waste your valuable life time

bmurali17 wrote:

Please don't come. don't waste your valuable life time

Hi Murali
Why do you think so??? I being an Indian connect well with a Sri Lankan.
Would appreciate your reply.

I can't really disagree

I think you should consider joining Internations.org. There is a Qatar branch and they have many opportunities to meet other expats and socialize. No matter what you like to do, the best way to learn more about what there is to do is to meet people who have done it. Web searches don't bear much fruit and you'll end up with exactly what you describe.

first of all, welcome to Doha.

i agree with Srumpffr, Internations.org will be a right place to start in order to meet different people. there a lot of things to do in Doha and it will be up-to your lifestyle. for yogo i know only yama @ west bay but i believe there few other ones. Katar will your spot if you looking for  photography club. if you looking for night life then you will find a penalty of places.
Doha used to be boring place but it is so cool nowadays, so you will love it umop.