A mixed marriage in Poland - legal and cultural adventures

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum, but not to Poland ;) Very nice to meet you all, and cool to see people going through similar experiences as I do and didn't always have the opportunity to share!

After 4 years in Poland, my language gaps are doing better, job is stable and satisfying, and even the cultural integration is doing well - now the new challenge in my expat life here is marriage :D

In a new blog we share (together with my fiancee) the challenges and peculiarities of a mixed marriage in Poland: from legal ,bureaucratic, linguistic, logistic and cultural points of view. Today, for example, we wrote about all the paper work that needs to be translated so that I get permission to get married:
https://weddingkd.wordpress.com/2015/05 … t-part-ii/

Anyone around here got married in Poland and can share some experiences?

Cheers!

Thanks for sharing this! We are going through some interesting bureaucratic experiences as well (I'm a Polish citizen but wasn't raised here, fiancé is South African, daughter is triple citizen) -- nice to hear there are others out there!

Just moved to Warsaw recently, so the adventures are just beginning :)

Hi.

We got married in the UK but moved to Krakow a year ago. I am Polish but returning to Poland after 25 years of emigration. Therefore my documents are not valid any more. I never gave up my Polish citizenship, but everything changed here so much, that to get an ID or a passport is a nightmare.
I got divorced in Germany (where I emigrated to all thous years). The decision of the German court was valid in the UK (where I moved to after 10 years) but it is not in Poland!
Further more, although the Polish court in Warsaw wish to be paid up front, after doing so, I waited nearly 5 months for somebody there to gather and say: "ok, they got divorced in Germany 20 years ago, lets just take the money for doing nothing but stamp on it"

Now, I remarried to Steve 4 years ago. All over the world I am fine, but in Poland I was a bigamist!

I sorted that nonsense just to realize that our marriage with Steve (as he is English) has to go through Polish court approval as well!!! They are really bored in Polish courts and just want to have some fun in making peoples life difficult.

This is my story with bureaucracy in Poland in very short version...lol

Despite this, we are very happy in Krakow after a year of trial, we just bought a lovely apartment to settle down here properly. We sometimes should write about good things on here.
I have been a foreigner majority of my life therefore know that it is difficult everywhere. But what about sharing information about good stuff? For some reason, we decided to be expats and if it would be as horrible as we all complain, there wouldn't be much point in doing that...lol

Hi, I'm an Englishman married to a Polish woman. If we can find a good time to exchange emails, perhaps I can add something new, or additional to your research/blog. If so, I'll provide my email if requested. Sounds interesting, cheers.