Relocation to Andalucia

I am a british single male looking to relocate to Andalucia and looking to invest some money in a home that could provide a small income- Personally I want to be in a rural location for hiking  etc but understand that I may need to strike a balance if I need to run a small b & b- Does anyone have any suggestions as to area-dont need to be near the coast. Want to be living amongst Spaniards but would like to make contact with a small expat community initally as part of the adventure is to learn the language. Dont want to be anywhere near the typically british resorts on the coast. Any reputable agents would also be welcome.

Hello mate and welcome!

Have you thought about Pueblos Blancos in the Cadiz Province? It´s beautiful, peaceful, natural and not too far from the coast.
You could initially move to Jerez de la Frontera or Arcos de la Frontera, I suggest the first one as there are a lot of academies that teach spanish to foreigners.
There are plenty of opportunities for small investors with time, patience and the right ideas.
I could get you in touch with a very good local agent if you are interested in the Cadiz province.

Regards

Marco

Thanks Marco

I know that name....i looked in that area-My sister who has lived dwn there said that Tarifa was lovely-that isnt far is it?

The language schools sounds great.

I will do some homework but may take you up on the offer of a local agent.

Thanks for the info and I will come back to you.

No problem,

That´s correct, Tarifa is not too far away, although there are closer beaches.

Happy to help!

Hello

We live out in the sticks, deep in olive country. Alcala La Real is our closest town which is a 45 minute drive north-west of Granada. Cordoba is about 1.15 hrs drive away. We love this area because it's rural and far from the madding crowds of the Costa del Sol, yet close to some amazing cities, and wonderful culture. If you are interested in looking for property here, I can highly recommend the estate agent that we used in Alcala La Real. I had just 2 days to find a house, sort out the legals and open a bank account (I was living in Indonesia at the time) and they came up trumps helping me to find a home here in less than 48 hours.

If you want to immerse yourself in Spanish rural life, become part of a friendly community and start your own business then do have a look at this area. If you have any questions, please shout! and also for more information about life here, you could visit my blog 'The Rioja Diaries'.

All the best with your search and good luck with your plans. Lottie :)

sounds exactly what I am after-I will have a look at your website tomorrow.

Agent sounds great-wouldnt mind his details please.

Thanks for taking the time to respond-I was really interested in this house which doesnt appear to be too far from where you live-do you know anything about the area?

- fotocasa.es/vivienda/cullar/jardin-terraza-trastero-piscina-amueblado-cullar-128375729?opi=140&tti=1&pagination=1&RowGrid=3&tta=0

Thanks again and I will keep in touch.

Hi,
I live in the Province of Almeria in Spain (part of Andalucia) and know of some villas that might be of interest to you in a small community located half an hour from the coast, within walking distance of a village called Arboleas and close to great walking country.  If you would like to know more then please contact me by looking up my name on the internet.  It will of course depend on your budget but one could be for living in and the other perhaps could provide a rental income?  They are great value and beautifully located.
With kindest regards,
Sally Scamell

Hi,
I have a new build of two villas, one built above the other, In total 480 M2. Ideal one to live in one to rent out.No agents involved so I can give you a good dea with a price no one could build it farl. Situated in El Rincon, Arboleas, with possibly the best rated restaurant and cheapest bar in Almeria.
I do not know if my email will be erased but I will include it. [email protected]

Hello

If you message me I will send you details of the estate agents that we have used. I can highly recommend them.
I tried to click on the property link that you posted above but it didn't work :(

Our area is north-west of Granada - on the borders of Jaen, Granada and Cordoba provinces. It's a beautiful area and definitely worth you having a look at. Alcala La Real is a lovely medieval town and there are a few expats, but not hordes of them! You will find the locals very welcoming and helpful.

If you have any more questions, please do ask me and I shall do my best to help/advise you

Lottie

Thanks Sally

I will drop you a line.

Thanks Lottie

If you could send estate agent to davidscrfld(at)yahoo.co.uk that would be great and I may take you up on your offer to pick your brain.

Thanks for the response, will look forward to hearing from you.
With best wishes,
Sally