Close

Fielding Your Questions: New Members Want to Know

Hello,

My husband and I are moving to Ecuador (most likely Cuenca) and would like to meet locals and expats. We are from the country between Mexico and Canada. The stress here is too much.

Need to know if anyone recommends a local hangout or nice hotel we can stay in. We arrive Dec 26th at 7 pm.
Thank you,

Beverly and Jim

bevblas :

Hello,

My husband and I are moving to Ecuador (most likely Cuenca) and would like to meet locals and expats. We are from the country between Mexico and Canada. The stress here is too much.

Need to know if anyone recommends a local hangout or nice hotel we can stay in. We arrive Dec 26th at 7 pm.
Thank you,

Beverly and Jim

Have you ever been to Ecuador before?  What kind of visa will you be seeking?  Will you be looking to work or collecting a pension?  I can understand your desire to flee the USA, but if you are USA citizens you do not dodge federal income taxes until you give up your citizenship.  Don't you want to stay for the biggest tax cut ever?  Best of luck in your post Christmas relocation.

Expatriate health insurance in Ecuador

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Ecuador

Moving to Ecuador

Find tips from professionals about moving to Ecuador

Travel insurance in Ecuador

Enjoy stress-free travel to Ecuador