What Will You Most Enjoy Back Home?

I can't wait to see my family, after ten months away from them. And walk bare-foot on grass and try some 'home' foods you can't get here. Also a walk in a park will be nice, how about you>

my drinking buddies 😁🍻

Might I suggest a quick trip to Baker's beach in SF, CA, USA LOL....

i do miss cali, i called it home for 20 years, i also miss bosnia my land! not sure if i'm going back but if i was - first trip to cali would be to wholefoods and to trader joes, to the beach in the early morning,immediately  to the library when i can haul away 20 books at no ones expense then to  to mid city la where the grit and grime live and to restaurants of course - walks and hikes, yes i miss it, but here i gain something else, mostly for me i gain makkah and the good people

Driving!!! & being allowed to take my girls to a waterpark and getting into the water with them instead of sitting off to the side in an abaya.

stressedmom wrote:

Driving!!! & being allowed to take my girls to a waterpark and getting into the water with them instead of sitting off to the side in an abaya.

Isn't there any resorts where women can wear bathing suit?   What about swimming pools in compound?   I'm not in Saudi yet and am trying to gather  as much information.

trailblazingdoc wrote:
stressedmom wrote:

Isn't there any resorts where women can wear bathing suit?   What about swimming pools in compound?   I'm not in Saudi yet and am trying to gather  as much information.

I do live in a compound where I can swim with my kids in a bathing suit & we do pay to get into the private beaches on occasion.

But there is a waterpark with large slides that my oldest keeps begging to go to that I can not take her to and since she is just 6 (she is a good swimmer) I  would not allow her to go in by herself & of course if she's in my almost 3 year old will want to be in too. There are a few places like this where the men can go in the water, but the women can't.

riding camels...that's where ma home is homie...but now I drive caddys  :cool:

on a serious note, I have no home  :(

Stressed mom at least you can swim go to a pool I can't do even that. Used to cry for my kids when they were small.cant swim go pit watch football play football. I couldn't tale them to the sea or corniche
ifelt they lost so. Much
my son dreamed. To be a footballer  but no kids training or local clubs like in UK
For me I miss just opening the door and going for a walk 😊.  I livenear the sea and can't walk there alone

whaaaat... if anything this country offers is soccer aka football... for boys. strange you're not finding these things, i almost feel you're not looking hard enough.

Karen  I can't even imagine not living on a compound. That was a strict requirement for us to follow my husband here, especially since my original agreement for the ME was to Dubai & they changed it. With no driver the only way I get off compound is with their buses or my husband it also lets me get my kids to school.

I definitely get the not going for a walk. I have walked once off compound on my own to small stores near by. Constantly was honked at by taxis thinking it weird I was walking. I love being able to be abaya free on compound, but would LOVE to go for a walk and feel like I don't have 1000's of eyes on me...What is even worse is I have a red headed daughter so when she is with me we are really stared at & they all want to touch her hair.

Yes you right life off compound is tough just had to get used to it
And about football been here years and there is no organized football training as in UK
if you'd in international schools or compind then yes but otherwise tell me where you can find proper football training

I get honked at a lot and I'm a dude. They're just trying to see if you want a taxi ride.

Full Monty wrote:

I get honked at a lot and I'm a dude. They're just trying to see if you want a taxi ride.

That's what you think......

swimming in the river. sea side bbq. eat raw fresh jellyfish soaked in vinegar mixed with hot chili. sleeping in a hammock. biking around town.

i didnt tried eating raw jellyfish...how is that?

karen carpenter wrote:

Yes you right life off compound is tough just had to get used to it
And about football been here years and there is no organized football training as in UK
if you'd in international schools or compind then yes but otherwise tell me where you can find proper football training

Hi, I'm pretty sure that major football clubs have their youth academies, did you apply for any of them?
There are both professional and non-professional clubs which have a proper training in Riyadh.

Mmm have to find more ..but in east coast. Not sure.and no idea how to apply for them

karen carpenter wrote:

Mmm have to find more ..but in east coast. Not sure.and no idea how to apply for them

Try to contact East Coast based football clubs like Al-Nahda and Ettifaq.

"FC Internazionale has decided to run a football camp in Dhahran with the help of Inter Academy Saudi Arabia official partner Sporti. The three-week camp, to be held between April and May 2015, will be open to youngsters aged 6-18."

http://www.inter.it/en/news/48054

Really  that's great thank you so much oh but April may its finished now what a shame

Didn't FC Barcelona just signed a contract with Fitness Time - Junior to train kids ?

It's late for sure, but important thing is not the news about camp but the existence of Youth Academy of legendary Inter Milan in the kingdom ;)

kom340 wrote:

It's late for sure, but important thing is not the news about camp but the existence of Youth Academy of legendary Inter Milan in the kingdom ;)

Good lord...don't wanna hear anything related to Inter Milan...pfft

Thank you anyhring that will provide training for kids is great
My son is 15
. I need something for him before he gets too old

karen carpenter wrote:

Thank you anyhring that will provide training for kids is great
My son is 15
. I need something for him before he gets too old

dang...u doing this for a 15 year old ? I thought it was for a pre teen kid.

When I was 15 I was...ummm... not appropriate to put it on here :D

Well exactly he needs focus else hell end just driving cars too fast and other things..remember this is Saudi nit London

karen carpenter wrote:

Well exactly he needs focus else hell end just driving cars too fast and other things..remember this is Saudi nit London

hahaha yea I hear ya...:)

hamudi wrote:
Full Monty wrote:

That's what you think......

Care to expand on that, or are you just repeating a funny punchline you once heard?

That moment when you realize you have no home..
#mixedpeopleproblems

Full Monty wrote:

Care to expand on that, or are you just repeating a funny punchline you once heard?

think for it yourself...a taxi would only honk at you if you are waiting, not walking towards a store...walking towards the main road is something else.

:D:D

hamudi wrote:

think for it yourself...a taxi would only honk at you if you are waiting, not walking towards a store...walking towards the main road is something else.

:D:D

No idea. I've been honked at by taxi drivers for years, in four cities in Saudi and Kuwait. Granted, sometimes I'm just waiting to cross a road but often I'm the only one walking along a footpath. I've (obviously) taken many taxi rides in five years here and every driver has been polite, with seemingly no other motivation that wanting to take me to my destination for money.

I do enjoy a long walk, even when it's as hot as it is now, and the frequency of honkers seems to rise as the temperature does. I think they're just after my money.

Anyway, back on topic;

I'll most enjoy sitting in a pub garden, eating a decent pork pie and drinking a nice, cool glass of ale.  :top: