Carrying old and new passport

Dear Sir / Madam
     I got job offer from Oman,so I taken Gcc medical testing and I got visa from employer.now I came to aware that my passport was mistakenly stamped with ECR.To remove ECR in passport I had applied for re issue of new ECR deleted passport,now I got new Non- ECR passport.

My current visa has old passport no.can I travel to oman ny carrying both old and new passport.This is my first time travelling to oman.

Waiting for your advice.

While a passport may be cancelled or expire, the visas contained in it continue to be valid until they expire or are revoked.

Many people travel with both an old and new passport because of visas being in the old one.

Cheers,
James     Expat-blog Experts Team

Thank you for your reply Sir.
       This is my first time travelling to oman.i only have visa in printout form.I would like to reconfirm with you is there is no problem.

iqbalasd wrote:

Thank you for your reply Sir.
       This is my first time travelling to oman.i only have visa in printout form.I would like to reconfirm with you is there is no problem.

Hi iqbalasd,

Once you land at the Muscat International airport, you would be brought to the arrivals terminal by a bus. As soon as you enter the building, straight up ahead you can see a counter. Go there before you go anywhere else. Show your scanned visa copy to the person manning the counter. He would then pull out a box file and match your scanned copy with the original which will be there and which he will hand over to you. You can then proceed to the immigration counter, where your passport would be stamped and you can then go to claim your baggage and step outside.

Welcome to Muscat !

Thank you for your information.
  I will travel to oman by carrying visa which has old passport number and carry both old and new passport then follow as per your instruction once reached to Muscat airport.

Once again Thank you

Dearest Sumitran jee,

What is ECR ??

schaz wrote:

Dearest Sumitran jee,

What is ECR ??

Dear schaz, ECR means 'Emigration Clearance / Check Required'.

It is more of a thorough scrutiny process before the passport holder is allowed to exit the country, to take up employment in any foreign country.

This is usually used in the case of blue-collar passport holders, and that too a few years back.

Nowadays most new passports come with the ECNR - Emigration Clearance / Check Not Required marking whicjh allows for an easier exit from India, to any foreign country for employment.

Adds information.  Thanks alot !!!

I got job offer from Oman,so I taken Gcc medical testing and I got visa from employer.now I came to aware that my passport was mistakenly stamped with ECR.To remove ECR in passport I had applied for re issue of new ECR deleted passport,now I got new Non- ECR passport.

My current visa has old passport no.can I travel to oman ny carrying both old and new passport.This is my first time travelling to oman

Also OK TO BOARD not done by Employer. and ECR passport number mentioned in my visa deposit slip. Is there any problem during traveling?

Waiting for positive reply.

Hi montuapatel,

There is absolutely no problem - as long as you are carrying both the old and the new passports.

Dear Sir,
Lots of thanks for reply.

Sir i have also this same problem.Did u croseed the immigration without any problem? Please reply me as soon as possible.

Dear Iqbal,

Did u arrive Oman with both passport and visa with old passport number.

Best regards
Jeyasingh