Iqama Transfer - From Wife's sponsorship to Company

Friends, Assallam o aleikum.

My case is just like any other normal Husband who has arrived in KSA on Family Visa as my wife is working in a local hospital here.

After a considerate amount of time, I finally found a job offer for myself. Now comes the difficult part. The Iqama transfer part. I have heard its a pretty simple and straight forward process. The employer give a demand letter and my wife or her hospital issues a 3 transfer letters for MOL, Jawazat and my new employer. I have heard this from people's experiences.

In my case, my employer informed me that the iqama does not get transferred like that and I would be needing a new work visa.

Now, pls let me know if there is any change in iqama transfer rulings or my new employer is simply not up to date on this matter?

Regards,
YSK

it all depends on the employer. some will make the transfer some will not.

But what is the Govt policy on this?

Why would the employer not want to transfer the iqama (simple process) and want to apply for work visa (long process) ?

some prefer that you exit completely off their sponsorship. that is a preference and I do not have a better explanation.

Thank you for your explanation. I think i got what you mean. It means that its a matter of preference. If my new employer wants to transfer, they can.

However, In my case my current sponsor is my wife, who doesn't have any preference to completely off me from her sponsorship. :)

My new employer however, has told me that iqama does not get transferred from Wife to New company. It seems to me that they are not aware of this process.

My only fear was that there is some new govt ruling regarding iqama transfer. Any ideas about that?

khanyawar wrote:

My new employer however, has told me that iqama does not get transferred from Wife to New company. It seems to me that they are not aware of this process.

You already said it...

Thanks Ehtesham,

any advice for me? How should I move forward now?

Dear Experienced Expats,

Anybody willing to share their experiences similar to mine, and advice?

Thanks,
YSK