Insurance

Hi Everybody!
I wonder if there is somebody who knows of a insurance company who would insure a house contents. I am looking for one for ages but even the banks will not do it. Tried a few but no luck so far.
According some of my Turkish friends, it is not done here and not necessary????
We want insurance only for fire/water and earthquake for the furniture and carpets..
Nor possible?

The banks and your friends seem to be right when they say you will not be able to find insurance for household items. Though at my company, we did get an insurance for the equipment and furniture under the circumstances that you mentioned, I'm afraid it may not be available for residences. 

charlick wrote:

Hi Everybody!
I wonder if there is somebody who knows of a insurance company who would insure a house contents. I am looking for one for ages but even the banks will not do it. Tried a few but no luck so far.
We want insurance only for fire/water and earthquake for the furniture and carpets..
Nor possible?

Thank you for your reply.
Maybe it would be a good business opportunity for somebody to start up a good business, a lot of people would engage their services, for sure!!!!
Insurance companies make a mint this way in Australia as hardly ever happens to claim. This information is from a friend who works in one company,
Thank you again.

No problem, I am glad the reply helped.

Regarding the business opportunity, why not get on board and start it!! : )

Enjoy your day!

charlick wrote:

Thank you for your reply.
Maybe it would be a good business opportunity for somebody to start up a good business, a lot of people would engage their services, for sure!!!!
Insurance companies make a mint this way in Australia as hardly ever happens to claim. This information is from a friend who works in one company,
Thank you again.

Love to but can not do!! İI am far too old  and a jabancy and an academic,
By the way, can i ask you something please?
We have to go to a europien country every years for three months and would like to take our 3 cats with us. We know all the requirements for blood test etc etc.  But neither here or the eu country can tell us what are the requirements to bring them back after the 3 months.
Would I be awfully grateful for an answer!!!!!

Oh well, its never too late to start! = )

Talking about cats, my parents are taking care of my cats back home in Pk. I was thinking of inviting my parents over in Summer and looked into the options if they could bring my cats along too! So, luckily for you, i do have some answers, not sure if they are ample. You will need the following documentation;

Pet Id card (or Pet Passport)
Written statement from an accredited vet verifying the cat to be over 3 months old
Certificate for rabies vaccination
International Health Certificate issued no longer than 15 days prior to the travelling date

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact, I'll be happy to assist if I can.

Also, alternatively.... Leave thy Feline with thy Neighbor (a reliable one!)! = )

Enjoy your afternoon!

charlick wrote:

Love to but can not do!! İI am far too old  and a jabancy and an academic,
By the way, can i ask you something please?
We have to go to a europien country every years for three months and would like to take our 3 cats with us. We know all the requirements for blood test etc etc.  But neither here or the eu country can tell us what are the requirements to bring them back after the 3 months.
Would I be awfully grateful for an answer!!!!!

Of course it is possible to insure your household items,,, Only you need is tax/or TCN (turkish citizen number) and a rental contract,

charlick wrote:

Hi Everybody!
Nor possible?

Oh, that's actually pretty great! Perhaps you could also suggest the name of an insurance company that does insure house contents, since Charlick stated in the original question that he has actually been searching one for ages?

Olgun wrote:

Of course it is possible to insure your household items,,, Only you need is tax/or TCN (turkish citizen number) and a rental contract,

charlick wrote:

Hi Everybody!
Nor possible?

Hi, Thanks!!!
We know all the formalities and regulations. I keep in touch with the Turkish agent who helped to bring the cats here from HK . The problem is to get them back here as he can't help there You will have to be careful when the your cat will be going HOME!!!
We have three british long/short hair cats and they need grooming every day,No way would we ask anybody to put up with all the work!!!  Serves us right to get this breed,but we love them They don't meow not really lap sitters
,only for short bursts,lazy only require one play at night and never ever go outside but love visitors.The kids on campus love to come and visit them as they look so different from the campus cats. By the way we feed the strays also ans a lot of them come to the room so sleep and eat!
Good luck with your cat! And thank you for your emails.

It's me (sorry for self-promoting); or any insurance agent of "Güneş Sigorta Aş.".
Best wishes,

Thank you Olgun, we will look into it!!!

Hmmm... 'don't meow, not really lap sitters'? Sir!! Your cats sound boring!! :D

Just kidding, I know cats can be sometimes annoying... Thankfully, mine are pretty active but fun. They are Siamese.. and the mother cat still loves to jump, back flip and fetch a piece of paper for upto an hour... Good exercise! But.... they DO have super annoying moments too.... : )

By the way, thanks for pointing it out that going home might be a problem.. I didnt think about it before, and I really didnt think it should be an issue to be honest... But I'll double check.

You're welcome and while you're in Istanbul, please feel free to ask for any kind of assistance, I'll be more than happy to help! Enjoy your stay and have a safe travel! : )
Zeeshan

charlick wrote:

Hi, Thanks!!!
We know all the formalities and regulations. I keep in touch with the Turkish agent who helped to bring the cats here from HK . The problem is to get them back here as he can't help there You will have to be careful when the your cat will be going HOME!!!
We have three british long/short hair cats and they need grooming every day,No way would we ask anybody to put up with all the work!!!  Serves us right to get this breed,but we love them They don't meow not really lap sitters
,only for short bursts,lazy only require one play at night and never ever go outside but love visitors.The kids on campus love to come and visit them as they look so different from the campus cats. By the way we feed the strays also ans a lot of them come to the room so sleep and eat!
Good luck with your cat! And thank you for your emails.

Oh, that's cool Olgen.. Self promotion is the best promotion anyway!!  :happy:
Hope its the right kind of insurance that they're looking for! : )

Olgun wrote:

It's me (sorry for self-promoting); or any insurance agent of "Güneş Sigorta Aş.".
Best wishes,

You're welcome,
Best wishes :)

charlick wrote:

Thank you Olgun, we will look into it!!!

:top: thanks,

Xeeschan wrote:

Oh, that's cool Olgen.. Self promotion is the best promotion anyway!!  :happy:
Hope its the right kind of insurance that they're looking for! : )

Olgun wrote:

Best wishes,

No prob!
You might as well put up an ad in the 'Classifieds' section of the site too. That should help you.

Olgun wrote:

:top: thanks,

Hello Olgun,

I would suggest that you get yourself registered in our Directory section, refer to the link below for more precision :

> Home insurance in Istanbul

Thank you,
Gavind
Expat.com Team.

Thank you very much indeed, Gavind  :)

Gavind wrote:

Hello Olgun,

I would suggest that you get yourself registered in our Directory section, refer to the link below for more precision :

> Home insurance in Istanbul

Thank you,
Gavind
Expat.com Team.