German by birth and in germany but no paperwork and running out of €

I'm here in frankfurt germany and I only have my birth cer. and passport from america, all the government guys I've talked to say I must go back to america to do my paperwork, I cant do that! I don't have a way back, and I don't want to go back, I'd like to study and work here in germany as a german, not on some visa. so how should I do this? should I have my mother send copies of her birth cert. and marrige L.? or can she go to chicago(closest consulate) to show them the paperwork and they can verify that I am german to the officails here and then I can get my german ID and start looking for a school here or job, or civil servant, please let me know, thanks in advance

I would say your are fighting a losing battle there.  The one thing that is set in stone about living in Germany is the level of Bureaucracy.  If you are told that your paperwork needs to be completed in the US, then that is pretty much the score.  If I understand correctly, you want to apply for German citizenship?  And that you are here on a 90 day visa?  Take yourself off to the local townhall (take someone that speaks fluent german)and speak to the correct people.  They will be able to tell you exactly what paperwork you need and the steps to take to get the result you want.

You do NOT get German citizenship based on being born in the country. If you do not have other links to German nationality, forget it!