Not new to visiting Greece but new to living here

Hey! since this Spam issue is confusing, I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Spyro, I currently live in Athens and have a few friends and some family here, but I'm always interested in meeting new folks.  I'm from Chicago, and I've lived in New York and Auckland, NZ. I am currently awaiting results from an entrance exam to dental school here in Athens, and I am involved in the Greek Rugby Union.
-Hope to meet some of ya'll soon,
-Spyro

Thanks for this nice introduction, Spyro! I'm sure it will entice fellow forum members to interact with you soon :)
Cheers
Arlette

Hi Spyro, I just moved here a little over a week ago from Chicago! I live in the city center, are you around that area? If so we could meet for a coffee or drink this week! Let me know!

Hi there

I am writing to just ask for any advice you can offer me. I am a 21yr old British girl and I am moving to Kallithea, Athens in 2-3 months to live with my Greek boyfriend.

I am very anxious about moving there as I am worried I will feel isolated and lonely. I have started to learn Greek but have a long way to go. I am considering completing a TEFL qualification so I can offer English lessons as a job but I am still researching this as I am not sure which course to do. If you have any advice about moving to Athens in any way I would be very grateful to hear it.

Hope to hear from you soon

Joanne x

The great thing about this website is that there are lots of friendly expats who are more than willing to hang out. The truth is I am familiar with Greece and have friends and family here but it is always tough moving somewhere where you don't know the language and people but have no fear! It will be a great experience for you I hope. Keep in touch let me know how things go, and just take it one day at a time.
S

Hi there,

Is there any rugby on at the moment? I'd be up for a run.
Living in Athens at the moment and would like to play some sport.

Cheers,
Dave

Thanks Spyro :)

Hi!  I imagine that you've made it to Greece by now.  Hope you're enjoying all of the new things to see and do - if you're interested in meeting another English-speaker here in Athens, send me an e-mail.  I don't know how much help I would be with your questions, but I'd love to meet some new people!
(P.S. I'm a twenty-something teaching English here in Athens.)

miss_jackson wrote:

Hi there

I am writing to just ask for any advice you can offer me. I am a 21yr old British girl and I am moving to Kallithea, Athens in 2-3 months to live with my Greek boyfriend.

I am very anxious about moving there as I am worried I will feel isolated and lonely. I have started to learn Greek but have a long way to go. I am considering completing a TEFL qualification so I can offer English lessons as a job but I am still researching this as I am not sure which course to do. If you have any advice about moving to Athens in any way I would be very grateful to hear it.

Hope to hear from you soon

Joanne x