Moving to Jeddah for a job and bringing husband

Hi there,
I am a British mum. I have been offered a job teaching at a university and am considering moving. My fiance and I have two young children and I would like to bring them. Would we have to be married first? And would he manage to find a job (he works as a project manager in construction). Any advice would be appreciated!

Yes you have to have marriage certificate on the basis of which your fiance will get the visa as you shall be the sponsor here in KSA for your fiance, legally he cannot do any job here if he is under your sponsorship.

Your children should have legal documents under your name to get visa as well , they cannot come with you but you have to apply for there visa once you are here in KSA & have local residence card printed.

Marriage certificate  should also be attested from Saudi embassy in your country !

Thanks for those replies, they are very helpful. If my fiance were to come over under my sponsorship, would it be possible for him to look for a job while there and then change his visa to allow him to work? Does this ever happen?

He can look for a job , Interview , get offer latter  & visa go back to UK & can again under his co cosponsorship, but under your sponsorship he cannot work. This is what is legal but sometime cos have their connection & can change the sponsorship from your name to their   

Hope you understood my English  :lol:

tariqkhattak70 wrote:

He can look for a job , Interview , get offer latter  & visa go back to UK & can again under his co cosponsorship, but under your sponsorship he cannot work. This is what is legal but sometime cos have their connection & can change the sponsorship from your name to their   

Hope you understood my English  :lol:

Depends on the company brah!

If he is under her sponsorship and lands a job offer, he can transfer without going to UK.