9yr old boy.. Wish to make contacts of families with kids

Hi, i am seriously thinking of moving to Malta with my 25yr old daughter and 9yr old boy.
We intend to buy and run a bar/bistro and are both very experienced in this field. My 9year old son  has gone into meltdown at the thought of leaving his friends behind. He is very involved in minecraft gaming and thinks that he wont be able to play/interact as well in Malta, so feels he would be losing too much by the move. If we could make some contacts, this could help soften the blow.

Hello alired and welcome on board :)

Do you already know in which part of Malta will you be relocating?

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Hi Kenjee
No, not as yet. This will be determined by the business we buy.

kenjee wrote:

Hello alired and welcome on board :)

Do you already know in which part of Malta will you be relocating?

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

How about consolidating or removing some of the 4 topics posted by the same member on the same subject!

Ray

Hello Ray

Thanks for the tip! But I already verified, she created only one topic on that matter, but has made some posts on others threads who are seeking meet ups.

People can participate on others threads who have the same common interest/field of search.

Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Sorry Ray
First time for me on any type of forum so not really sure  of protocol.

Any part of Malta you live - you'll find some 'mindcraft' boys for sure.
I don't understand this game, they are crazy about it :)

I have 9 y.o. boy but he is Russian and will be out of Malta for summer

alired wrote:

Sorry Ray
First time for me on any type of forum so not really sure  of protocol.

No apology necessary, I did not check who started each of the topics and just assumed they were all yours because yours were the last post in each case.

Ray

Hi Ali, I can relay yo your situation, I have my son, me moved yo Malta last summer, he did the same thing, he thought we were going back home once summer was over, he didn t want to
Accept the fact to live here, just vacation, now a year later he likes it, he loves minecraft he can be on it 24/7, if he could, but that s not the case, his schooling first, [email protected], if you want to pm me, they can connect on mind craft if you want, and maybe that will motivate him, take care, talk soon,
Dave

Hi Dave
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to me.
I'm taking the tack of 'we are going for an extended holiday' to see how we get on, as I don't want him to be worrying unduly. I know as soon as we get there and he meets a few friends he will be well away as he is a very easy going boy.  Like your boy, my son would be on it everyday if I let him, it seems to have got it's hooks into so many kids, so I take a hard line of Weekends only, unless it's holiday time or he has been particularly good. It would be fab if they could meet up on minecraft. Any other helpful advice to make the transition easier for him would be greatly appreciated.
I tried to pm you but it kept bouncing back?

Cheers
Ali