HELP...Not Heard From ADEC yet?!

Hi,

I have accepted a job with ADEC and sent off all my paperwork...however it's been about 6 weeks and I've yet to hear anything. Not even an update on my visa status or if there's anything outstanding regarding my paperwork. Is this normal? Are there others in the same boat as me? Does anyone have any inklings about possible dates for leaving? I'm happy and excited but feeling quite anxious too now...

I have myself, hubby and a 10month old baby to organise, AND I return back to work from mat leave next week so be good to have something to work on?

Anyone have any experiences they would like to share with me regarding their adventures and the process?

Many thanks,
A

Hello Anisa ...
In fact yes it take some times usually . i dont work for ADEC . but i work for other governmental organization and it take some times .
dont worry it will be OK .
If you want to get more details i can check for you . i have some friends working for HR in ADEC .
let me know some details or send to my number on whats app **
other wise dont worry but it will be OK .
Good Luck

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details pls

It usually takes a while but as you hold a British nationality, I assume? It shouldn't take that long. Visas are very easy to obtain, I think you should follow up on the whole issue, contact the HR and send emails.

Abu Dhabi is a great city and I'm sure you'll like it.

Good luck !

Thank you for that very reassuring :)

I shall drop them a message and see what Happens. Wishing you a good day.

Hello Anisa,

I worked for ADEC as a teacher and currently as an educational consultant. This is VERY normal. In fact you'll probably not hear anything about a visa as you're a British passport holder so you're eligible to have a visa on arrival. Once here ADEC will collect your passport and complete your work visa process. You'll have to go through the health screening etc. I advise you to hold tight as Ramadan is set to begin 18 June and there are a million other things happening at HQ right now so you may not hear much till mid July.  Your best bet for a reply may be through your recruiter. Who is your recruiting agency?

Best of luck and welcome to land of Insha'allah!

Lol thank you!! I hear lots about the land of inshallah and shway... :D

My recruiter is Teach Anywhere but my rep seems to have gone awol since emailing me my job offer letter! It's been 8 weeks and after ignored emails and messages I've given up on her! I'm sure she gets lots of people like me on her case but would have been nice for her to at least answer my queries...

But  thanks Korbie82 for your reassuring words of advice.

Kind regards, Anisa

The company I work for now also recruits for ADEC so if you inbox me your questions (and if they're general enough) I'll run them by the head of our ADEC recruitment team(she's a doll!) and she may be able to give you some insight. I remember how nerve-wracking the wait time can be but I'll say this unless they've changed once you get your "golden ticket" as my group called it, you're out of your home country in about a week.

You're an angel! I'll do that, thanks again.

Looking forward to meeting more lovely and helpful people like yourself in AD :D

In my past experience I have found that the waiting process for jobs can be overly long by Western standards. This could be impacted by Ramadan and the usual legalities required to process the job offer.  I'm not sure how everyone  else feels about this but if I had a job offer on paper with a start date as well -then I would consider myself extremely lucky and highly valued by the company to receive it that quickly.

Mike

Hi Korbie,

Apologies for injecting myself into your conv/thread.  I am an a similar position; awaiting a letter of offer or some concrete news on progress. :(

Yes! I am in the same boat. I'm usually a patient person but not knowing where I'll be living within 2 months is very nerve racking haha. Hopefully it all works out though. Thank you all for the info above.

Hi all,

I have finally heard back from my agency - once I had called them again. Someone from the adec documents department emailed me to ask if anybody from the agency had been in touch as I had a few things still outstanding!?! My file wouldn't be ready to send to adec until I had sorted it out!

I was not very impressed at not being kept in the loop. Anyway, everything is finally settled and up to date and file has been sent to adec today. Should hear from them over the next month.

If anyone, like me, hasn't heard from their agency, do pester them until they confirm your documents are in order and sent off.

Good luck& hang in there! Not long now...

I am in the waiting boat too. I'm exiting the South African department of Education end of July and I am very anxious 😩 about my new job. What if I go for months without a job? I sent all my required documents in April and I have yet to hear anything. Hope all is in order  😊

This is a most discomforting period. Both exciting to.get a new job but anxious as no news is forthcoming from the agency. In this state of limbo I am uncertain about resigning from my current post!

As per @Nickkramsey a call may just kick start some progress.

People have started receiving their flight dates . Have you?

Crisis!

Sent certs to FCO in Milton Keynes for legalisation.....day 10 not received back. Utterly no help or headway re: enquiries of the status of my application....they say they do not have a database of checking and I should just wait. Hoping to call again today and escalate the search and/or processing.

Anyone had the same misfortune?

Hi, so sorry to hear. It can be incredibly frustrating indeed...

Are u waiting for your golden ticket from ADEC? I hear tickets are being issues since Tuesday. I haven't received mine yet but have only just resent a clearer passport copy (again!) yesterday.

Hope your documents come back quickly, do keep on their case. Mine took no longer then a week at FCO and 4 days at the UAE embassy.

Good luck! And hope to see u on the other side 😉

Hi Zamzat, no, haven't received anything yet. But i hear from FB that the travel agency says all tickets will be issued between6-8th August. Obviously that may not pan out but good to have in the back of our minds.

I need to start packing... Eeek!

Good luck to youz

Frustrating indeed. Hope to make progress in my calls to FCO....but they open lines at 12...arrghh...twiddling my anxious thumbs until then.

Does the embassy not offer a same day service?

This is a great lesson in patience.

Indeed! Patience is key.

Embassy do offer same day service but you have to do that in person which I couldn't do. But if u can, do it!

Good luck.

@ Sensyei and Anisa

Did both of you use a solicitor or a notary. The only reason I ask is because I will be starting the attestation process next week and since you have already done it, your input will be really appreciated.

Yes, I used a solicitor who's authorised to notarise. If you google it for someone in your area, something should come up hopefully. But do shop around for a good price.

Thanks for the info

Hi All,

Quick question do we need to get all our documents attested here and then get them attested in the UAE?  Can you use the any solicitors here to attest them?

Please let me know.

Cheers

From what I know, we need to attest our docs from here yes, inc sending them to the UAE embassy in London. That's it, don't think we need to do it out there. I hear from friends already there that our visa will be sorted by adec but we need to do our dependents ourself once out there - they will tell us how.

Any qualified solicitor or notary will do, so long as they are authorised to notarise.   Hope that helps.

Hi Anisa,

Thank you for that :-)

Glad people are starting to get their golden tickets. Looking forward to meeting some of you at new teacher orientation(I'm part of the orientation team). Remember, it's Ramadan till Thursday (16th July) night so things will pick-up when working hours get back to normal on the following Sunday. Best of luck, enjoy your time home and hold on for a most interesting time in the sandbox. :top:

Hi,

I used a notary solicitor local to me who contacted my university.  I then posted the docs for legalising and hope to make a visit to the embassy.

Best wishes

I received the itinerary....... N the tickets now waiting for the visa 😉

Excellent news, when do you fly out

6/8/15 arrival time: 19:30

Kudos....
Who was your recruiter?

I am presenting papers at thr Embassy tomorrow.

Fingers crossed for positive news.

There is an ADEC EMT Aug '15 hopefuls closed group on facebook. There's a lot of international EMTs who are very helpful there. You can send a request and they will approve.

@zamzat - congrats!! Must be a lovely relief to have your tickets through - mabruk (congrats!)

Good luck and lots of snacking on patient and humble pie for the rest of us ☺️

Hi all,

New spanner in the works....

Having presented a comprehensive letter of ref as well as all other docs and attested and legalised certs.... I have been told to get a reference in a specific template.

Another hoop to jump through and with this an agonising looking longer wait...

Oh no, that's a Shame! Is this your recruiter asking for the letter in the specified format? Mine just asked for it with the schools letterhead and signed / scanned. Make sure to get it signed, that delayed me slightly.

I've heard from others on FB that even if you submit your papers late, it may not affect your progress ... Weird like that great for u! This guy submitted it all late last year but was still in group 2... So take comfort in that... 

If all else fails, breathe! ☺️

Hi,

It is recruiter...says Adveti asked alk candidates for this.

I had submitted a ref on my employers letter head weeks ago.

On Wed, received the new request...has Adveti branding...from the recruiter.

Great lesson in patience this is.

Sensyei wrote:

Crisis!

Sent certs to FCO in Milton Keynes for legalisation.....day 10 not received back. Utterly no help or headway re: enquiries of the status of my application....they say they do not have a database of checking and I should just wait. Hoping to call again today and escalate the search and/or processing.

Anyone had the same misfortune?

Hi.  Mine took about 3 weeks at MK last year.  They were having problems contacting the solicitor who certified the copies of my certificates, but all was good eventually.  Getting the documents attested at the UAE Consulate in South Kensington you can do same-day yourself if getting to London is convenient.

Good luck with the new job!

Anisa123 wrote:

Any qualified solicitor or notary will do, so long as they are authorised to notarise.   Hope that helps.

Good advice on solicitors.  Most high street solicitors will certify your stuff and they charge a lot less than a notary.  I used a local one and they charged £10 per document.  I would advise that you make sure they put a contact phone number with the stamp if there's not one on it, as that caused me a bit of delay last year with MK, but other than that, all very simple.

Hi All,
Just came across this! I am due to fly out to Abu Dhabi from Ireland this Fri, received my visa/flight ticket about 3 weeks ago! However, there was a mistake on my visa so this needs to be fixed before I can fly! I can't get any info from Adec or my agency about how long this will take, I don't even know if I should pack! Starting to feel quite anxious as my boyfriend is flying out this Thurs, I wish they were more open with the info as it's stressful 😩 is anybody else having this problem, or something similar?