Teaching Offer in Shenzhen - Do I need an exit letter?

Hello Everyone!
I was given a job offer in Shenzhen. I currently live in the USA and I used to work in Qingdao. I left the original school that hired me (typical bad stuff: they lied to me, didn't pay me, wanted me to work additional hours without paying me, put me in an apartment where the plumbing didn't work, etc, etc.) then I moved to a private company and remained there for a year before moving back to the USA.
I'm very sure the original school will not issue an exit letter. I read somewhere that I would need an exit letter. The school that is giving me a job offer in Shenzhen has not asked me for an exit letter from my past employer. Will I need it?
Or do I not need it since I'm applying for a new Z visa from my home country of the USA?
Thanks so much for your time!!

Helo 10 and welcome to Expat.com!
I hope you'll soon receive a useful reply here :)

Hello.
Qingdao is not in Liaoning province, but in Shandong province.

I don't know what exit letter is. Is exit letter diploma?

Thanks FeeAcer. :)

I believe the letter will only matter if you mention working for the other company.

good to know

Hello 10 :)

Your discussion has been moved to the Shenzhen forum for effective networking.

Regards,
Sheetul

Think about it, would you trust bad people to help you? Truth be told they'll probably 99% of the time check any of your references at all. I wouldn't sweat it and if they insist put them off and a few weeks into teaching they'll have forgotten all about it. Chinese are very poor at follow ups I know from personal experience.

ChinaSharkMike wrote:

Think about it, would you trust bad people to help you? Truth be told they'll probably 99% of the time check any of your references at all. I wouldn't sweat it and if they insist put them off and a few weeks into teaching they'll have forgotten all about it. Chinese are very poor at follow ups I know from personal experience.

Hello, maybe someone cheat you before, but pls don't reckon that all Chinese people are poor at follow ups...I believe most of Chinese are kind and reliable, they can keep their words...hehe..

sorry wht you experienced...like DrisLee say, some bad some good, ths common in every country. personally, i dont think they will need ur reference letter...but remember, dont let them use this flaw to depress ur salary.

If you have already completed the contract with the previous school, you don't need it.

Many schools in China are snakes... I can refer a good school if anybody here is interested.

Good luck!

hello to all
@lucybm,yes im interested in teaching job in shenzhen. can u tell me ?ive a master degree in english , bacholor degree in teaching education and also 7 years experience of teaching as well. i also two international conferences of spelt held in lahore, pakistan. there are many workshops on my credit which i attended and participated.can anyone help me in finding job in shenzhen.
awaiting for prompt reply
regards

It seems not bad to teach english in China. It's about 120 - 250 RMB per hours here in Shenzhen.