Good inexpensive Arab restaurant in Kuala Lumpur

Hi,

Could anyone recommend a good inexpensive Arab restaurant in Kuala Lumpur? I have checked those in Bukit Bintang but they are quite expensive...

Hi Sarah,.

Should try Al-Baraka in Cyberjaya. The food is very good and the Price is much more reasonable than in Bukit Bintang or Ampang.  :D

Here's the google map link : goo.gl/maps/V5Ofd

Al Baraka Map Location (goo.gl/maps/V5Ofd)

Enjoy :)

Just in case my post of the google map location is blocked because of advertisement post or something like that, here's the address:

Restoran Al- Baraka
Lingkaran Cyber Point Barat
Bizz Avenue Ii, Neo Cyber
63000 Cyberjaya
Selangor, Malaysia

Hi, Ruth

I can recommend such restaurant  :) We have discovered this unusual restaurant by sheer accident. We were strolling down Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman, or Jalan TAR,  as it is called, from SOGO, a shopping mall in Masjid India, in direction to Chow Kit, and after walking for about 5mins , our attention was caught by the unusual sight of an open fire oven , a smell of freshly baked bread and shawarma.  The signboard read Suria Restoran ( in Malay " Restaurant" ).  We came in. This  restaurant turned out to be totally different from numerous places serving Arab food along the streets of Bukit Bintang. Its interior is  simple and there is not much of a decor. Rather  think of it as an authentic Arab Kitchen with the food being cooked in front of you …

The choice of dishes is wide : all these famous kebabs, shawarma, grills, fish, rice and tantalising appetizers… They are almost half of the usual price in the town and the portions are really large.
As we chatted with one of the regular customers, we learned that the  secret of such amazingly low prices is that the owners have their direct supplies of fresh meat, veggies et; so it comes fresh from the farm to the kitchen.

After studying the menu, we went for a full course each. You can have a hearty meal, with homely sized portions at something below 15RM!

We especially liked their  Briyani Rice, Falafel, and Mutabbal. We also tasted some traditional pastries. Fresh and delicious at only 4RM per portion.

The service was very friendly and prompt.

The place is quite popular so it gets crowded  during office break hours.

I would definitely recommend it as a place to go to for take-away meals and those catering orders when you plan some family get-together or any other party or corporate event.
I also took home 1 kg of fish grill.  :top: Imagine  excellent Fresh Fish Grill at just 30 RM ( about 10USD) a kilo! They do have a number of great deals!

Thank you, Uruz !  :)

Hi, Aida47 !

Thank you , I am going to try it!

Your most welcome  :D