Motorbike brakes and bicycles

How much should I expect to pay for new brakes on an older Yamaha? Where can I go for new brakes? Also where can I purchase a used bicycle? Nothing fancy...just something to take a ride around the neighborhood. I live in Phu My Hung and work in D5 so I would prefer locations around there. Thanks!

Brakes are dirt cheap, I paid 60,000 vnd for my last rear set on a Honda Wave. Try Craiglist Viet Nam for a bicycle or head down to a bike store in your area for a second hand one for about 1 million.

If you want an old bike, try some stores on Vo Thi Sau street. I dont know where to buy an old Yamaha but kindly noticed that you have to get a licence before using the motorbike :)

The last 3 new bicycles I bought were around the mil mark each, with basket and carriers. Asama is a popular brand here.

Hachau wrote:

If you want an old bike, try some stores on Vo Thi Sau street. I dont know where to buy an old Yamaha but kindly noticed that you have to get a licence before using the motorbike :)

That is odd, when I was in De lat
I rented a Sym for 5 days, took it back to my accom every night , just showed my AU license  same in Hoi an

MarkinNam wrote:
Hachau wrote:

That is odd, when I was in De lat
I rented a Sym for 5 days, took it back to my accom every night , just showed my AU license  same in Hoi an

I think he meant you're supposed to have a m/b licence? I read somewhere that they're not supposed to rent to non m/b licence holders.

:sleep

Legally, you need a motorcycle endorsement and an International Drivers License to ride a motorbike over 50cc in VN.

That said,  it's VN and I doubt anyone is going to turn down your business for lack of proper paperwork.

Hi friend,

D5 have a lot of motobike shop on Nguyen Trai and Nguyen Chi Thanh street. I have a younger borther working at 63 Nguyen Trai, pass by it and contact him (mr Khuong )for any trouble with your motobike .this is just my suggestion for your need.