Going back to Cambodia, any exciting changes so far?

Hi all,

I will be returning to Cambodia (Siem Reap, Phenom Penh) with my boyfriend this September for a 2 week vacation. The last time I was there was 2012 for a 1 year project that I was doing, and the places I just got stuck with were Club Rahu along Sisowath Quay Blvd., and Club Pontoon.   

I want to know if there any new things happening both in PP and Siem Reap.  Any new restaurants? New bars/lounge destinations?  Places to see?  Any new boutique hotel that we can stay in? Anything outdoor to do? My bf and I will be celebrating our anniversary so I'm really looking forward to having a great stay there.

if you need an affordable and romantic stay in PP i recommend Villa Borann Boutique Hotel near independance monument.

Pontoon Club is the worst club i've ever been to in SE asia, middle east and europe.  99% of the clientel stare at each other all night and the use of class A narcotics is evident. 

plus arguing for the wrong change everytime you order a drink.

they say the club at Nagaworld is the place to be right now - upper class Khmer and expats -

Hi StilettoFan

There's been lots of change in the last two years in Phnom Penh - Pontoon is still there, and there's new clubs and venues such as Duplex and Nova.

New restaurants and bars seem to open every week, so I'd recommend checking listings on LengPleng.com or picking up a copy of the Advisor when you first arrive, to see what's on.

For outdoors stuff, there's the wildlife centre outside Phnom Penh, hiring bicycles and crossing the river to Kandal province, guided cycle tours and even horse-trekking. Try searching on Trip Advisor for providers.

The Willow Boutique Hotel is a lovely place to stay - big beds, beautiful rooms and a pool to cool off in after a hot day. (thewillowpp.com/) It's really central but on a quiet road. Disclaimer: I am friends with the owner, but I've also stayed there myself and put friends up there.

Enjoy your holiday!