Moving to Boston for work

Hi

I am going to be visiting Boston in the next 2 weeks for a final interview (I have had video interviews so far).  If I get offered the job I am planning to accept and will therefore be moving out to Boston with my wife and 2 daughters at some point (timescales will be dictated by visas).  I expect to get an H1B visa for me and depenendent/spousal visas for my kids/wife respectively.

I have a few questions which I hoped people might be able to help with:

1. The job would be based in the Norwood/Canton area - can you please suggest good areas nearby for us to live?  My daughters are 4 years and 9 months old so we are only interested in primary schools.

2. Is securing a rental difficult if you are new to US (and therefore have no credit history)?  What things can we do to mitigate this or should I ask the company to help as part of my package negotiations?

3. My mother is American (resident in UK) - does anyone know if a family visa might be better route to take and permit my wife to work? From what I can understand the H1B spouse visa would not allow her to work whilst we are in US.

4. Does anybody have any idea of the costs for health insurance per month for a family of four?

That's about it for now - no need to reply to all points if you only have feedback on one!  All help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jason :)

In terms of locations - Scituate and Weymouth look fantastic and only appear to be around 14 miles from the offices I would be working at.  Are these good areas to live and would that commute be a nightmare along I93?:)

Scituate and Weymouth school district are not that goood, plus commute will be a big headach. Try Sharon. It is located next to Canton, school district rank around top 5 in all Massachusetts towns consistently. Community is very safe. Housing abit pricy but worthy.

Health insurance, ask your company for it. Otherwise cost at minimum 500-600 USD a month.

Hope this is helpful.

I reccently moved to Boston with Secure Movers. They were
great and we love the city. Fenway Park is the best.
Beacon Hill requires a parking permit. We got that from Secure Movers Boston. The North End is also lovely. The only drawback
to Boston ids the parking.