Weekend bus travel.

Hi,

My wife and I are visiting Malta for the first time and we would like to see Ghardira and Simar nature reserves as I'm a keen photographer.  We are stopping in Qawra and and far as I can see I need to catch a bus at IL - Qawra to Riserva for Ghadira and iL - Qawra - Roti for Simar.  Our plan is to visit Ghadira on Saturday and Simar on Sunday can anyone tell me what bus numbers we need to get there and back. I understand I can buy a seven day ticket at the airport.

Many thanks
Martin

mhfore wrote:

Hi,

My wife and I are visiting Malta for the first time and we would like to see Ghardira and Simar nature reserves as I'm a keen photographer.  We are stopping in Qawra and and far as I can see I need to catch a bus at IL - Qawra to Riserva for Ghadira and iL - Qawra - Roti for Simar.  Our plan is to visit Ghadira on Saturday and Simar on Sunday can anyone tell me what bus numbers we need to get there and back. I understand I can buy a seven day ticket at the airport.

Many thanks
Martin

They will also be able to tell you what buses to use and give you a bus timetable!

Ray

Many thanks Ray.

Martin

Check out the Malta Public Transport website Martin, on their homepage they have a "Find Your Route" facility. You can search from Localities, Street Names and even Bus Stop Names.

http://www.publictransport.com.mt/home

Once you know which bus numbers and routes you need, you can download their timetables too.

Bus Timetable Library

I haven't got a clue if they're using Summer or Winter Timetables at the moment though, you would think summer, but I'm sure it was June or July when they switched last year or the year before.

Many thanks for your advise, i'll check it out.

Martin