Need help

Hi I am a hindu girl residing in india.... i wish to marry a muslim boy who presently is working in KSA for the past 3 years . we wish to get married under the special marriage act (1954) which requires no conversion of religion. I would like to know whether this act is valid if we apply for my(spouse) visa. will it create any problem. plz help.....

If you return with your husband to KSA, without converting to Islam, it could be a tremendous problem, regardless of any religious act.

These are not very accepting or understanding people.

Having said that, they are far less concerned about foreign marriages than they are for their own citizens.

If your marriage is recognized in your country and he has a spousal visa for you, then as long as you don't shout it from the rooftops that you are married in different faiths then you should be alright.

I am assuming you are asking this because you would return with him to KSA after the marriage ceremony and your visa is granted, yes?

Good luck and best wishes.

Thanks a lot MisterStretch.... yes I am asking this because I would go to KSA with my husband after my our marriage is done.... and once the visa is permitted.

Just wanted to know whether these kind of marriages are accepted for the issue of visa or not.

This kind of marriage is recognized in our country.
As you said I won't be shouting out from the rooftops but still people will come to know about our kind of marriage. Will it cause any problem thereafter?

I know that a souse's visa is issued only after the documentation by the husband are provided.

Please inform me if you get any sort of information regarding the issue of visa in my case.

Thank you.

As I said, the authorities don't care much about foreign marriages.  You should have no problems.

husseink, "I want to marry a Muslim boy," is totally germain to the issue.  She's Hindi.  That's why she said it.

As long as you are legal, you will be fine and the government won't give you any hassle.  I was thinking more of hassle from locals if they knew...and there is no reason they should know your business.

Good luck with your impending marriage.

As long as you have a valid marriage certificate from your home country which is translated into Arabic and certified by your Foreign Ministry you should not face any issue whatsoever.

Yes musicman you are right 100%